Putu: Little Known Recruit

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The guy has played about 3 snaps more than andredes or whatever the hell his name is

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just out of curiosity. When has Harris ever played enough for you to be able to make that assessment of him?
I'll back Law here. I'm not an X's and O's guy like a few of the guys on here, but even I can tell that he is f'ing slow. Unless he plays the Tony Joiner role, he's worthless at S. Didn't Collins talk about hybrid S/LB when he first got here?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'll back Law here. I'm not an X's and O's guy like a few of the guys on here, but even I can tell that he is f'ing slow. Unless he plays the Tony Joiner role, he's worthless at S. Didn't Collins talk about hybrid S/LB when he first got here?
That position was talked about but I can't remember if mentioned Harris playing there or not. Maye played that role some this past season.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That position was talked about but I can't remember if mentioned Harris playing there or not. Maye played that role some this past season.
it seems like it was mentioned, and most people thought Neal and Harris with Maye at SS. I think you are right about Maye playing that type of role. I've heard Law say over and over that we had Maye playing LB at one point. I'll just be ecstatic if we get FS who can stay deeper than the WR's.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
And Maye has looked????? Fvkking lost. Most plays
All of our safety's have looked lost in coverage....Neal wasn't very good either. The only thing they've done well is run support.

I can't even imagine Harris at safety. Love the kid, but he is just too damn slow. He really needs to be in the weightroom and move to LB.

We've been saying this for 2 years and I totally agree. The coaches are wasting his eligibility. As far as his weight goes I believe he's just about as big as Rolin and MacMillan and I'd find it hard to believe he would suck as bad as those two meal skippers. We've been undersized at LBer since Bostic, McCray and Jenkins left but I would be happy if Harris could have a season like Morrison did as a freshmen when he was only about 212-215. The other thing this move would do is give a few more reps to the other guys back there in hopes it would translate to better overall play at the position. Then again I'm not sure Collins is any better than Muschamp at coaching defenses despite being hailed as the Minister or whatever they call him....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Unless he plays the Tony Joiner role, he's worthless at S. Didn't Collins talk about hybrid S/LB when he first got here?
The problem with that is you must have a great free safety that allows you to play cover 1 or man 1. We didn't.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Harris is listed at 6'1 211 lbs and Rolin is listed at 6'3 216 lbs. If they would've made him switch after the bowl game, he could put on 15 lbs by the start of the season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who was our last good FS? Nelson?
Wright was pretty good. So was Will Sour, even though he managed to get himself punished a lot and didnt really like to hit. He was good incoverage and did the job vs the run.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Harris is listed at 6'1 211 lbs and Rolin is listed at 6'3 216 lbs. If they would've made him switch after the bowl game, he could put on 15 lbs by the start of the season.

Agree, Harris should have been a LB from day 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.