Q&A w/ RB Jordon Cronkrite

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
A series of Q&A's w/ Gator players on the official UAA website....I'll post a few of them:

http://www.floridagators.com/news/2...three-and-out-gators-rb-jordan-cronkrite.aspx

Three and Out: Gators RB Jordan Cronkrite

A quick Q&A with Cronkrite and a glance at Florida's running backs.

By Scott Carter, Senior Writer | Wednesday, July 27, 2016

image_handler.aspx

Jordan Cronkrite rushed for three touchdowns and caught one as a true freshman last season. (Photo: Tim Casey/UAA)

The second of our Three and Out Q&A series with Gators to preview each position group heading into the start of preseason camp.

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Running back Jordan Cronkrite hasn't strayed too far from football this summer. He understands the opportunity ahead.

A sophomore from Miami, Cronkrite experienced the thrill of scoring a touchdown in his first college game when he scored on a 3-yard run in the third quarter of Florida's 61-13 season-opening win over New Mexico State. He wants more of those thrills.

As Cronkrite prepares for the start of preseason camp on Aug. 4, he did take a recent break from his quest to be more of a playmaker. Cronkrite joined some friends at Ginnie Springs to cool off from the heat of summer workouts.

And then it was right back to summer workouts.

Here is our Three and Out with Cronkrite:

Q: What was the biggest takeaway for you from your freshman season?

A: Just preparing more, being more focused and helping other guys out rather than just focusing on myself. Being in my first year, I tried to take on more of a leadership role. Last year was our first year. I'm sure nobody expected us to [win the SEC East]. This year we know what we can do and what we're capable of. I'm excited about that.

Q: What's it like to enter preseason camp knowing the competition for carries appears wide open?

A: Nothing is going to be given to you. You have to go out and go get it yourself. You can't take any days off, which is good, because if you are pushing yourself, other teammates see that and they feed off that as well.

Q: What's something people might not know about you outside of football?

A: That once upon a time I was an artist. I drew very well and painted. I used to draw shoes and outdoor settings a lot. I'm [majoring] in advertising here. The art field is a lot of stuff outside of football. It's very time consuming. So I didn't have time for that.

SCOUTING THE RUNNING BACKS

Player to Watch: The other Jordan in Florida's backfield, sophomore Jordan Scarlett, finished his freshman season away from the team while serving a one-game suspension that caused him to miss the Citrus Bowl. Scarlett dropped behind Cronkrite on the depth chart and has much to prove in 2016.
image_handler.aspx

Mark Thompson

Newcomer to Watch: Mark Thompson arrived in the spring from Dodge City (Kan.) Community College and immediately made his presence felt in the most literal sense. Teammates discussed the challenge of tackling the 6-foot-2, 242-pound Thompson, ranked the top running back recruit in the junior college ranks last season.

Overview: The Gators lost leading rusher Kelvin Taylor (1,035 yards, 13 touchdowns), and quarterback Treon Harris, the team's second leading rusher (238 yards), is transferring. Scarlett (181 yards) is the team's top returning rusher and most of his production came against Georgia (9 carries, 96 yards), including a 60-yard scamper. Cronkrite (157 yards) shined brightest in a win at South Carolina, rushing for a score and catching a touchdown pass. While they played mostly behind Taylor a season ago, both sophomores have the ability to emerge as go-to threats. Meanwhile, Thompson has much to prove at the FBS level, but he certainly looks the part of a difference maker. He rushed for 1,298 yards and 18 scores at Dodge CC in 2015. Finally, don't forget about fifth-year senior Mark Herndon, a former walk-on who has shown promise but has lacked much opportunity. Gators head coach Jim McElwain spoke positively of Herndon during spring camp. Junior Case Harrison, who missed most of last season with a hand injury, adds depth at the position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator