Question about Romo

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Any team that sits on the ball with 55 or so seconds and 2 TO's left needs a new coach

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
So after having him as a commentator and watching about half a dozen games with him I have concluded that he knows the game perhaps better than anyone in the booth. Seems to me that he would be asset on any coaching staff, particularly with QB's.

Put aside your Cowboy hatred for a moment and comment objectively if you feel so inclined.

He certainly gives more detailed pre-snap analysis than anyone, like he has prepped for the game as OC & DC. He doesn’t always guess correctly as to where the play actually goes, but even when he’s wrong you can see that it’s playing off that expectation.

I was anti-Romo hype and remain anti-Jerruh Jones, but that wasn’t about him personally. I do like him as an analyst. Gruden was my favorite and I like Collinsworth a lot, but Romo is right up there. He’s just more current than Aikman, Sims or Fouts and not pompous at all. Sounds joyful.

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I love watching the games with Romo as an announcer. It blows my mind when half the time he says see this is what they're going to do right here and then the offense does exactly what he says. I know he's not with ESPN but in my mind he's the only option to replace Gruden in the MNF booth. I know he's an offense guy but hell as often as he knows exactly what they're going to do, he'd be a hell of a D coordinator!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator