Random, Mostly Talented, Music Videos Part IV

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nav, are you Vietnam Vet? Do you have a Bui Doi we should know about?

No, I came along a little after that time period and enlisted right before all the gulf troubles started. I think I deployed to the gulf region every single time something flared up... luck of the Irish, huh? I just hate seeing children of any kind suffering.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

Wow- never saw this version. Awesome!

Ricky was killing it on the six string.
He is equally adept at the fiddle and mandolin as well.
What an incredibly talented dude.

At 15, I went to a bluegrass festival in Lavonia Georgia and met Bill Monroe and a bunch of other artists. One night my buddy and I wandered around the campgrounds with our instruments and played with Ricky for a couple of songs.
What a great guy.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Wow- never saw this version. Awesome!

Ricky was killing it on the six string.
He is equally adept at the fiddle and mandolin as well.
What an incredibly talented dude.

At 15, I went to a bluegrass festival in Lavonia Georgia and met Bill Monroe and a bunch of other artists. One night my buddy and I wandered around the campgrounds with our instruments and played with Ricky for a couple of songs.
What a great guy.

Cool story.

I love Ricky, his talent, his music and his testimony.

What polar opposites he and his great friend and bandmate (with Ralph) Keith Whitley were.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Cool story.

I love Ricky, his talent, his music and his testimony.

What polar opposites he and his great friend and bandmate (with Ralph) Keith Whitley were.

That’s a sad story with Keith.
I heard an interview with Ralph talking about how he hired Ricky and Keith when they were about 15.
Tough for 15/16 year olds to travel around the world and not get into a little trouble.
Ralph took no responsibility for what happened while they were out on the road, so Keith’s alcoholism started at an early age.
He was literally on the edge of superstar status when he killed himself that morning before going out on tour. The coroner estimated that he had consumed the equivalent of about 22-24 shots of alcohol.

Ricky chose a different path.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
That’s a sad story with Keith.
I heard an interview with Ralph talking about how he hired Ricky and Keith when they were about 15.
Tough for 15/16 year olds to travel around the world and not get into a little trouble.
Ralph took no responsibility for what happened while they were out on the road, so Keith’s alcoholism started at an early age.
He was literally on the edge of superstar status when he killed himself that morning before going out on tour. The coroner estimated that he had consumed the equivalent of about 22-24 shots of alcohol.

Ricky chose a different path.

Thankfully he did.

Lorrie Morgan's book told more to the story, even casting some doubt on all of the circumstances from that May 9th morning and the previous night.

Needless to say, Keith had more demons than just alcohol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator