Recruiting Re-grading Chumps 2012 recruiting class

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I take issue with Humphreys not being re-graded lower.

I also think Brian Poole is a three star. He was never more than depth.

Jeremi Powell 2 star IMO. Pittman, 2 star. I think Damien Jacobs probably earned his 4th star. He was good but not great.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Jeremi Powell 2 star IMO. Pittman, 2 star. I think Damien Jacobs probably earned his 4th star. He was good but not great.

Poole made the Falcons roster as an UFA! He was definitely solid, but agree he was more like a 3-star...but a good 3-star.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014

The class was $hit...period! :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bullard and Fowler were badazz. Maye was a decent strong safety forced to play free.

Antonio was a good LB, horrible in coverage though. Hard to consider him a 5 star IMO as bad as he was in coverage.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bullard and Fowler were badazz. Maye was a decent strong safety forced to play free.

Antonio was a good LB, horrible in coverage though. Hard to consider him a 5 star IMO as bad as he was in coverage.
That was about it. Poole was kind of caught in the middle and had to play mostly nickel. He wasn't great but he did improve slightly toward the end. Bullard had to learn 2 positions early on due to his size coming in, but he was one of the few who worked his ass off and put on solid muscle weight.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Poole made the Falcons roster as an UFA! He was definitely solid, but agree he was more like a 3-star...but a good 3-star.
Imo his value was being able to play all the DB positions. Like a DB version of Ryan Stamper.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That was about it. Poole was kind of caught in the middle and had to play mostly nickel. He wasn't great but he did improve slightly toward the end. Bullard had to learn 2 positions early on due to his size coming in, but he was one of the few who worked his ass off and put on solid muscle weight.
Poole got abused. He was the guy qb's were looking for because they knew his man would be open.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Morningwood couldn't hold down the starting job at Columbia for heaven's sake.

What a find by Pease!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This was the #4 rated class that year. Sometimes you have to evaluate talent and not just sign stars. It's signing the right 4 and 5 stars and also coaching them up that matter.

Mac's class last year wasn't rated high, but has already had some really good finds Reese, Joseph, Taylor.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Common theme I see is most of these fools transferred after 1-2 years of not playing or seeing limited action. Looks like most had the same fate after transferring and killed their careers. Point is put your time in and pay your dues or your football career will likely end with your ego

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Taylor and Thompson were suppose to be the next best thing since sliced bread. They had a lot of hype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.