Real Possibility Only Conference games; No Florida vs FSU this year

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Some players must have a lot of inner turmoil. Caught between "the university is risking our lives to make their millions" and "if I don't do this how will I ever achieve my dreams of making millions in the NFL" Im sure they have people pulling them in both directions.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you seriously doubt they have people telling them this or worse.
telling them? I mean CNN is telling them.

I'm sure their informal agents are more interested in money.

on the other hand I do like the fact that lack of football money will certainly remind the athletic department's who is King.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
f$u is the closest opponent we face. How in the hell is that game riskier than any other one on the schedule.

Play the conference schedule and keep your rival opponent. If that rival is in your conference, keep another a P5 opponent and move on.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
f$u is the closest opponent we face. How in the hell is that game riskier than any other one on the schedule.

Play the conference schedule and keep your rival opponent. If that rival is in your conference, keep another a P5 opponent and move on.
Fuchs Clowntown.

I wouldn't play them any year. at most I would let them rotate with all the other Florida schools. they are nothing special. Destroying scUM, UCF, and USF more regularly would be more fun.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's amusing watching you guys think there will be any season at all this year.

It's better if you guys accept now that the snowflakes will get their way as they are the ones in charge at most of these schools.

Reality is, this whole thing is simply to keep Trask from winning his Heisman and taking us to a Natty :shakehead:

:lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Reality is, this whole thing is simply to keep Trask from winning his Heisman and taking us to a Natty :shakehead:

You've been hanging out with JBoss81 again.

I warned you that you'd catch The Stupid from either 8 or 81.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man, imagine being such a blockhead that you can't accept being wrong about a QB that leads your favorite team to victory.

:bwahaha:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
New Mexico governor wants to suspend all fall college sports....which would mean no Sept 21st game vs. New Mexico State. You can easily guess which political party the governor is a member of....

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's amusing watching you guys think there will be any season at all this year.

It's better if you guys accept now that the snowflakes will get their way as they are the ones in charge at most of these schools.

I am actually starting to believe that having no season would be a good thing. Before you scream, hear me out.

If there’s one word to best describe the problems with college sports (all sports for that matter) is arrogance.

AD’s are overpaid and overly impressed with themselves.

Booster group administrators are arrogant and have too much influence.

Coaches are overpaid and under accountable

Players are way too arrogant and influential

The best way to reset college athletics would be to let this season go and sit back and watch each of these groups have to disassemble the empires that they have built while watching the industry crumble.

- AD’s would eliminate half of their personal staff and take pay cuts

- Booster groups would be left with no alternative but to react to what the boosters want versus only taking your money

- Coaches would face pay cuts and scholarship cuts

- Players will find out that nobody really cares what an 18 year old with a middle school education thinks about anything

I must say this all sounds pretty good right about now

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
New Mexico governor wants to suspend all fall college sports....which would mean no Sept 21st game vs. New Mexico State. You can easily guess which political party the governor is a member of....
She is also emerging as a very real vice presidential candidate. Got to show off those credentials.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
:shambles:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am actually starting to believe that having no season would be a good thing. Before you scream, hear me out.

If there’s one word to best describe the problems with college sports (all sports for that matter) is arrogance.

AD’s are overpaid and overly impressed with themselves.

Booster group administrators are arrogant and have too much influence.

Coaches are overpaid and under accountable

Players are way too arrogant and influential

The best way to reset college athletics would be to let this season go and sit back and watch each of these groups have to disassemble the empires that they have built while watching the industry crumble.

- AD’s would eliminate half of their personal staff and take pay cuts

- Booster groups would be left with no alternative but to react to what the boosters want versus only taking your money

- Coaches would face pay cuts and scholarship cuts

- Players will find out that nobody really cares what an 18 year old with a middle school education thinks about anything

I must say this all sounds pretty good right about now

You make a compelling argument.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't know about compelling since it's all speculative but it's most definitely something to think about it. The world of college athletics could stand to be taken down a few pegs IMO. I for damn sure don't want college football to go away but it has become a gluttonous, overfed institution that could benefit from losing some weight.

I'm curious to see what happens w/ attendance, especially in the blue states where everyone is a sensitive snowflake - in regards to the virus response. Football could come back, but without fans in the stands (or significantly less capacity) most of these schools still won't make it financially. The SEC programs should be fine, but a school like Washington (in Seattle) in the heart of la-la land, you'd probably have people protesting outside the stadium and "fan shaming" people for risking everyone's life to attend a football game. And this could go on for years, especially if Trump wins the WH again.

I just hope it has a big impact on pro sports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator