Recruiting Recruiting Notebook 5/18

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
LOL. Who said we are ignoring the state? There's a huge difference between ignoring and not being able to recruit. Just because we're visiting doesn't mean they are closing. Right now they are ****ty closers.

Don't ever mistake effort for results.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
5 commits isn't good. Most of our competition has at least 7. Only Ole Piss and Auburn have as many or fewer.
But we're being picky this year. Just like we were going to sign 30 last year.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
LOL. Who said we are ignoring the state? There's a huge difference between ignoring and not being able to recruit. Just because we're visiting doesn't mean they are closing. Right now they are ****ty closers.

Don't ever mistake effort for results.

Earlier in the thread...

WHy can't we recruit FLORIDA!!!!!!

Perhaps if you asked "why can't we EFFECTIVELY recruit Florida?" the true context of your question would've been clear. Plus, there are a few others who have made comments (not necessarily using the word "ignore") who have stated in general terms that imply UF is focusing on recruiting outside of Florida more so than in state.

Forgive me for for using a little creative license and sarcasm. I keep forgetting how many lawyers (real or imagined) are on this board.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
All these new facilities sure have helped our recruiting take off.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
All is know is that we MUST sign at least two actual defensive tackles meaning they are at a minimum 275-280 lbs plus with a potential project as a third
we can't rely on converting hybrid defensive ends to tackle and expect to win the trenches. The kids in college football today are big so we must get big there

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can only hope that some big recruits are worried about the end of last season and want to see what happens this year

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's too early to hit the panic button, but not too early to show a little concern. The staff is now in their 2nd full cycle, and the first cycle where they have had relationships for a entire year as representing the University of Florida. I'm one who does think that a 17 year olds commitment in May doesn't mean $hit, until it is on paper. We are in the running for a bunch of these kids, but we should have a few more that have us at the top of their list in Florida. Now if we show the offense we had the first 6 games of last year over 13 games this year, it will help out a lot. If you are a Florida Offensive Player, you watched out Offensive tape from 2010-2015 what gives you hope to really excel (except at running back)?

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
If you're going for the very best recruits (except Alabama) your not going to get many early commitments

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Dang we are behind Muschamp right now in those rankings. lol

They might be a good sign however as we are there with most teams in 4 stars right now.

Most teams? Great. I thought we wanted to be the best not average. OSU has 7...Bama 6...OU has 9....FSU has 6

We have three. But that's cool. As long as were like most teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator