Refs are going nuts with targeting calls

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
None of them looked that egregious. But if Danielson mentions wrapping up one more time as if it changes targeting I'm going to mute him.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The UGA one was CLEARLY targeting. Crown of helmet to the chin. But overall, yes I'd agree

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I still think it's a dumb ****ing rule. Give the 15 yard penalty, but the ejection is pure BS.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n277199 said:
I still think it's a dumb ****ing rule. Give the 15 yard penalty, but the ejection is pure BS.

Heard that ^

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
GatorJay26;n277214 said:
Heard that ^

I really don't think they should get ejected either. I'd be willing to compromise at two targeting fouls in one game and you're ejected. One is just silly. Any of us that have played football know these things happen at 100mph and it's very easy to "target" accidentally.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
That one of FSucks was clearly helmet to helmet and looked like a clip to me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Great!!!! Anything to cut down on concussions and neck injuries.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Anyone that's played football would be against targeting. Guys putting their shoulder into anything other than the other than shoulders or above on the guy they're hitting is going to result in a dislocated shoulder on the guy hitting or a knee injury on the guy getting hit. Besides a safety coming across a receiver going after a ball there shouldn't be targeting. A crack back block should NEVER be considered targeting. I hate FSU almost as much a a dog but that block on the punt was legal and I'd be waiting on the ref after the game if I got tossed for that block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It makes one wonder why they are cracking down so hard on the helmet to helmet. Is there some research behind the scenes that says that H2H is extremely bad for the brain?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
heavychevy;n277247 said:
Anyone that's played football would be against targeting. Guys putting their shoulder into anything other than the other than shoulders or above on the guy they're hitting is going to result in a dislocated shoulder on the guy hitting or a knee injury on the guy getting hit. Besides a safety coming across a receiver going after a ball there shouldn't be targeting. A crack back block should NEVER be considered targeting. I hate FSU almost as much a a dog but that block on the punt was legal and I'd be waiting on the ref after the game if I got tossed for that block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you can just hit him from behind like those kids in Texas. Thumbs up!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only way to make them change is to disqualify them if it is truly a hit to the head. I saw one today that should have been reversed by the booth, but it wasn't.

ockgator

Sep 17, 2014
UCF Stanford, #7 Stanford ejected 1st Q targeting..... He used the crown of his helmet on a recieiver already engaged

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator