Remember the B1G Commish after the 2006 NC Game

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think Leak hit on his first 9 passes of the night that game. He truly saved his best for the last one. There are just so many memorable moments from that game.
A helmet shed Earl Everett chasing after Troy Smith to eventually make a play, Harvey scooping up the ball just before halftime after a Moss sack/fumble on their
heismen golden boy, Tressel going for it on fourth down in the 1st half on his side of the field only to see Beanie Wells get stuffed behind the line, Tebow barreling in the end zone to put the nail in the coffin, and Baker and Meyer getting a gatorade bath. While you're correct that their fans were about as obnoxious as it get's in the pre-game.I recall a seeing a sign that read ''Hey Reggie, No Mama? Troy is your daddy!'' They were just bad people, and beating senseless was extremely gratifying. Even Eddie George was saying how you could roll florida out there for the first half and USC out there for the second half and they were still going to kill whoever they played. Troy Smith took his beating like a man, and was very gracious towards Leak when the game was over, and the confetti starting hitting the ground. Without question the most gratifying win i've seen our gators have. The 08 cocktail party is probably second for me at least.

Great post.

For those of you too young or who may not remember, Reggie Nelson, our star free safety, lost his mom to breast cancer just a couple of weeks before the game. Let that sink in for a moment. It was news because he missed some pregame events. There was even talk he might miss the game. I didn't see that sign, but enough Gators did to convince me it was really there. Almost a decade later thinking about that fills me with rage. That sign is grounds for a legit ass whipping.

Alex.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
That damned snoopy song playing everywhere. All those *******s talking about how it should be Meatchicken.

They were nearly, just NEARLY, as quiet after the game as they were arrogant and boisterous before the game.

Fvkk them and everything about them.

Snoopy song?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That Ohio State team we beat had a linebacker that wanted to come to UF but was academically ineligible for us so he had to join them. Oops!

I really enjoyed throwing that in the trolls' faces.

If you guys remember, tOSU trolls were the worst ever before that game. Coming on Gator sites talking ungodly amounts of smack...how many times were they going to tell us about their DE's body fat percentage or how they had SEC speed because of their win over Miami or how this was the greatest college football team ever, it was BRUTAL. New trolls coming out of the woodwork every day talking about how the "real" mnc was when they beat Michigan, Tressel was Lombardi, Troy Smith was the GOAT. Insufferable.

Even in Glendale, their fans were so freakin' arrogant. They didn't come for a game. They came for a coronation.

They would buy us drinks because they felt sorry for us, for the Nebraska-esque ass whipping we were about to take. "Hey, you got a nice little team, too bad you caught us this year, shame you came all the way out here to see them get blown out, hey lemme buy you a drink, you're gonna need it."

I remember saying to them "Look, you may very well beat us, but this is an ELITE defense. Not a good defense, a GREAT defense. You may beat us. But you aren't going to blow us out."

The most points we gave up all season that year was 28 to Arkansas in the SEC Championship game. They were talking about scoring 40-50 on us AFTER our defense had almost a month to prepare. Hell no.

I really enjoyed beating the hell out of them. They were shell-shocked walking out of that stadium. Incredulous. Like it was a nightmare, not real. Oh, it was real alright.

Dammit. I want us to win again.

Alex.

Me and 3 buddies flew to LA and then drove to Glendale for the game. We had no ticket. We get there the night before the game and immediately hit the bars. It was 20-1 OSU fans vs UF fans. And they were the biggest pricks I have ever met. We just thought we were in the "OSU" side of town. Next morning, we head to the stadium. It was 20-1 OSU fans vs UF fans in the parking lot. Man, they were the worst. All day. I honestly didnt meet a single cool OSU fan. I had $800 in my pocket to buy a single ticket... and couldnt score one. There was on official scalper section, and the cheapest was $1200. My 1st daughter was ready to pop out and my wife would have killed me if I spent that. (Actually, she didnt know I had $800 in my pocket either :dance:). Luckily, they had a HUGE outdoor concert for people who couldnt get into the game. There were probably 50,000 people in there. And now it was 20-1 UF fans vs OSU fans. It was great, there was a live broadcast and a HUGE projector. Beer. Food. It turned into an amazing Gator party after we started pounding them. It was like Mardi Gras for Gators. At half time, we walked back to the stadium. OSU fans were pouring out. I offered $800 to every one of them to get into the stadium at half time. They were so bitter and pissed (and STUPID)... not a single one took me up my offer. That night after the game (yes... after the game) we drove back to LA because I had a flight the next morning. As I am walking to my gate, I pass a cute chick with an OSU sweatshirt on. I simply said, "Nice game last night." To which she said, "**** you". Pricks.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Snoopy song?

Sloopy.

"Hang on Sloopy, Sloopy hang on"

It's their Rocky Top but worse.

And I'll never forget the "treat" of the halftime show they put on. It was the unsinkable Titanic...sinking. :headslap: Let me say that again in case you didn't believe your eyes the first time. Their band's halftime show included the Titanic sinking to the tune of "My Heart Will Go On", complete with the ship disappearing beneath blue tarps representing the sea. Just beautiful. Dunno who came up with that idea but they didn't think it all the way through, did they?

Alex.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Me and 3 buddies flew to LA and then drove to Glendale for the game. We had no ticket. We get there the night before the game and immediately hit the bars. It was 20-1 OSU fans vs UF fans. And they were the biggest pricks I have ever met. We just thought we were in the "OSU" side of town. Next morning, we head to the stadium. It was 20-1 OSU fans vs UF fans in the parking lot. Man, they were the worst. All day. I honestly didnt meet a single cool OSU fan. I had $800 in my pocket to buy a single ticket... and couldnt score one. There was on official scalper section, and the cheapest was $1200. My 1st daughter was ready to pop out and my wife would have killed me if I spent that. (Actually, she didnt know I had $800 in my pocket either :dance:). Luckily, they had a HUGE outdoor concert for people who couldnt get into the game. There were probably 50,000 people in there. And now it was 20-1 UF fans vs OSU fans. It was great, there was a live broadcast and a HUGE projector. Beer. Food. It turned into an amazing Gator party after we started pounding them. It was like Mardi Gras for Gators. At half time, we walked back to the stadium. OSU fans were pouring out. I offered $800 to every one of them to get into the stadium at half time. They were so bitter and pissed (and STUPID)... not a single one took me up my offer. That night after the game (yes... after the game) we drove back to LA because I had a flight the next morning. As I am walking to my gate, I pass a cute chick with an OSU sweatshirt on. I simply said, "Nice game last night." To which she said, "**** you". Pricks.

That part of Arizona is Buckeye territory. That's where they all go to retire. The name of the street leaving the Phoenix airport is Buckeye Road. There is even a city just outside Phoenix called Buckeye. The biggest tOSU booster club outside Ohio is in Arizona. Plus, they knew they were in that game the minute they beat Michigan so they bought ALL the tickets. We had no idea. We still had to play the SEC Championship game and even then we weren't sure we would get in. I figured us for the Sugar Bowl. God Bless Gary Danielson. He spent the second half of the SEC Championship game making the argument for us instead of a Michigan rematch. I give him credit for swaying enough voters for us to squeak into that game. But by the time we got the invite, no tickets were left except the ones that went to Bull Gators and the student allotment.

My girlfriend at the time was able to get a pair of tickets from a Bull Gator for a reasonable price. The next problem was flights. There was almost nothing available. We got 2 of the last three seats on a flight that had us connecting someplace crazy to get to Phoenix...and the flight was all Gators heading to the game. We were singing "We are the Boys" in the damn terminal lining up to board. I don't mean like 4-5 drunk dudes...I mean like 40 of us getting on that plane belting it out. Even the captain gave us a "Go Gators" while in-flight.

Brad's absolutely right. It was like a tOSU home game out there. They vastly outnumbered us in the bars and in the parking lot. We drove around the parking lot looking for small spots of Orange and Blue among all the scarlet so that we would at least have SOME Gators around us. It wasn't easy. You might see 60 tOSU cars and then 2 Gator cars. In the stadium it was a lot better, maybe 4 or 5 to 1. Ratio got a lot better by the end of the 4th quarter.

Alex.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That part of Arizona is Buckeye territory. That's where they all go to retire. The name of the street leaving the Phoenix airport is Buckeye Road. There is even a city just outside Phoenix called Buckeye. The biggest tOSU booster club outside Ohio is in Arizona. Plus, they knew they were in that game the minute they beat Michigan so they bought ALL the tickets. We had no idea. We still had to play the SEC Championship game and even then we weren't sure we would get in. I figured us for the Sugar Bowl. God Bless Gary Danielson. He spent the second half of the SEC Championship game making the argument for us instead of a Michigan rematch. I give him credit for swaying enough voters for us to squeak into that game. But by the time we got the invite, no tickets were left except the ones that went to Bull Gators and the student allotment.

My girlfriend at the time was able to get a pair of tickets from a Bull Gator for a reasonable price. The next problem was flights. There was almost nothing available. We got 2 of the last three seats on a flight that had us connecting someplace crazy to get to Phoenix...and the flight was all Gators heading to the game. We were singing "We are the Boys" in the damn terminal lining up to board. I don't mean like 4-5 drunk dudes...I mean like 40 of us getting on that plane belting it out. Even the captain gave us a "Go Gators" while in-flight.

Brad's absolutely right. It was like a tOSU home game out there. They vastly outnumbered us in the bars and in the parking lot. We drove around the parking lot looking for small spots of Orange and Blue among all the scarlet so that we would at least have SOME Gators around us. It wasn't easy. You might see 60 tOSU cars and then 2 Gator cars. In the stadium it was a lot better, maybe 4 or 5 to 1. Ratio got a lot better by the end of the 4th quarter.

Alex.

Yep. The airfare can really empty your pockets for these games. In 09 before the SEC title game I was looking for flights/ hotels to LA since the game
was in the rose bowl that year. Obviously we didn't end up going, but the airfare/and hotels was even more than the ticket cost, and this was five weeks
before the game from one major hub to another.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
IIRC the Reggie "freakin" Nelson posters that year.... "70% of the earth is covered by water.... The rest by Reggie F'in Nelson".

His INT vs the clowns in Ron Zook stadium was amazing, but that was in 08 I think

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Alex.
No way all those fat pasty Nuts were in the stadium. They were EVERYWHERE before the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator