Rhonda Faehn - Going out on top

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Big loss for Gator gymnastics, but what a great gig for her. Best wishes and thank you Rhonda for a great run at UF!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wow... sucks for the gymnastics program, but great for her. Winning 3 in a row is pretty amazing, she definitely deserves her shot!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I totally stand corrected...two gymnastics threads in one month.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for everything and good luck. What a great opportunity for her.
:chomp:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On the bright side, she's at least leaving for a team that we'll all be rooting for.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Now we have a large problem, finding someone who can replace her and doing it quickly so that the program remains at a very high level.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
VulcanAlex;n214265 said:
Now we have a large problem, finding someone who can replace her and doing it quickly so that the program remains at a very high level.

I'm thinking her long time assistant, Adrian Burde, who's been at UF for 9 years might get promoted.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n214294 said:
I'm thinking her long time assistant, Adrian Burde, who's been at UF for 9 years might get promoted.

Know nothing about the guy, but I thought so, as well.

She seemed to talk highly of him, and if she has any say whatsoever in the decision, which I'm sure she does..she'll (probably) be pushing hard for him to be the guy!

Then again..I'm sure most any elite college or otherwise gymnastics coach would want to come here...but it's more Foley's style to go after a younger, less established coach (well unless it's someone you can't pass up like our failed attempt at Chip Kelly for the football team.) :)

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The most impressive thing about Faehn is the way she handled adversity and disappointment in her interviews and otherwise public comments...and was able to help the girls work through that week after week. Scoring in this sport is very subjective and sometimes the breaks don't go your way (like the home team having the advantage). She never complained, never said we got robbed, never made excuses...just encouraged the girls to be as perfect in their routines as they could. In the regional and championship rounds, the judging was so much better and there was no home court advantage...and look who won. And finally, with all the championships, take a look at the SEC honor roll...full of Gators! This lady did it right the whole time she was here and the next coach will inherit the best possible situation. Best wishes Coach!

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Thanks Rhonda. Best of luck. I can't blame her for taking the big gig with USA gymnastics but it hurts the Gators chances for 4 in a row next year. Losing a great coach for sure. And if Billy heads to OKC as some believe he will that will hurt too.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hi, I'm new here. Does anything positive ever happen in Gator Nation? tia

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
soflagator;n214346 said:

According to Law no. We should disband the football team , and close the University.:panic:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n214346 said:
Don't worry, one of the two problems has been fired already.

os-gators-foley-goodell-nfl-ray-rice-domestic-violence-20140910

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator