Founding Member
We have until midnight to contact him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He is a three star. Seems like he has to go to either Vandy or us. It's in the rules somewhere.

It's too late. We effed up this LB class royally waiting on two 5 stars from Bammer. Man's gotta know his limitations. It's embarrassing we couldn't even get the top LBs in Florida though.Lost Pinckney and Quarterman from Orlando and Jax to scUM. Lost Simmons and Ruff to Big Ten also rans.

I know we got a nice DE and DB, but the rest of defensive recruiting has been FAU level.

Maybe we can land a 1AA grad transfer LB or three. Probably see a lot of RJ Raymond next year. Maybe Fuchs can play LB.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
YEAH AR, LETS GET NOTHING BUT THREE STARS LIKE KINTUCKY. IT'S A GREAT PLAN. OURS ARE BETTER THAN THEIRS. WE DIDNT WANT THE ELITE RECRUITS ANYWAY.

Getting LBs is critical. Anyone with a pulse. Yes, we take three stars, two stars, jucos, backups, transfers, other teams scout squadders. That's just where we are.

Last edited:

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
He is a three star. Seems like he has to go to either Vandy or us. It's in the rules somewhere.

It's too late. We effed up this LB class royally waiting on two 5 stars from Bammer. Man's gotta know his limitations. It's embarrassing we couldn't even get the top LBs in Florida though.Lost Pinckney and Quarterman from Orlando and Jax to scUM. Lost Simmons and Ruff to Big Ten also rans.

I know we got a nice DE and DB, but the rest of defensive recruiting has been FAU level.

Maybe we can land a 1AA grad transfer LB or three. Probably see a lot of RJ Raymond next year. Maybe Fuchs can play LB.

Question then opinions for you recruitniks: With early playing time and UF's recent history of very good defenses, why 4-5* LB's kicking UF to the curb? Coaching philosophy? UF facilities? Coaches not good recruiters? There must be reason/problem, yes?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
YEAH AR, LETS GET NOTHING BUT THREE STARS LIKE KINTUCKY. IT'S A GREAT PLAN.
You are shouting. I once distributed small research grants to science faculty. Sometimes trying to help two researchers I split one. Sometimes both parties would come to me saying the funds weren't sufficient to accomplish what they wanted and all funds should go to one researcher. I warned them that if I did that, they might have nothing. They insisted. When I did that the party left out always went absolutely ballistic. Screaming, crying like children. How immature. Do you see a parallel with wanting 5* LBs or nothing?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You are shouting. I once distributed small research grants to science faculty. Sometimes trying to help two researchers I split one. Sometimes both parties would come to me saying the funds weren't sufficient to accomplish what they wanted and all funds should go to one researcher. I warned them that if I did that, they might have nothing. They insisted. When I did that the party left out always went absolutely ballistic. Screaming, crying like children. How immature. Do you see a parallel with wanting 5* LBs or nothing?
8e2269970c5edef0fe576b98a7be1ed2bf81e3a4d286e6850a81e6d25f23d8dc.jpg

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hahaha. Law is having serious breakdown. Look, I'm here for you man.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You trying to recruit me to your wolfpack again?

If you don't send my mommy some cheese, I'm not coming. I already told you.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a five star recruit and I expect a bag o money.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016

I'm not sure about the others, but living in the Jax area and not far from Oakleaf High School, I do know that Shaq Quarterman was/is not going anywhere else other than Miami, he practically grew up a Canes fan and didn't matter who is coaching the Canes. It sucks because I've watched him play almost every week. Quarterman is an absolute beast.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Plenty of kids have grown up rooting for one school then have gone to another (Pounceys for example). It's not JUST Shaq Quarterman, it's the whole effort. Other than one DB and one DE our defensive recruiting has been piss poor. We damn well knew we HAD to have kids at LB and probably needed them to play now because we failed last year also. Taking 210 lb projects who need three years in the weight room won't do.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Plenty of kids have grown up rooting for one school then have gone to another (Pounceys for example). It's not JUST Shaq Quarterman, it's the whole effort. Other than one DB and one DE our defensive recruiting has been piss poor. We damn well knew we HAD to have kids at LB and probably needed them to play now because we failed last year also. Taking 210 lb projects who need three years in the weight room won't do.

Don't worry, Shannon has south Florida "locked down"! If you don't believe it, go read gatorcountry for a while!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator