Rod Johnson cleared?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
His most recent tweets make it sound like he will be back playing for us. Hope it works out. He was by far our best O-lineman before the injury.

I hope you are correct. With him and Sharp at tackle and Ivey playing guard our OL goes from average at best to very good

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
People forget about Tyler Jordan. He may be our best OL this year IMO and he was at times last year.

IMO, even though he rarely started, Almighty Rod was the best player from the prior year... yet we didnt play him. :Facepalm:

Imagine if we had recruit offensive line depth from 2008 on and could have actually given Tripp the medical redshirt he needed last year instead of ducttaping him and sending him out with only one functioning shoulder?

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
People forget about Tyler Jordan. He may be our best OL this year IMO and he was at times last year.

IMO, even though he rarely started, Almighty Rod was the best player from the prior year... yet we didnt play him. :Facepalm:

Imagine if we had recruit offensive line depth from 2008 on and could have actually given Tripp the medical redshirt he needed last year instead of ducttaping him and sending him out with only one functioning shoulder?

Could have given the Freshmen the redshirts they needed last year.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wondered what happened to Chucky

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
"Don't shoot the Messenger" on this info but I was just told by one of my friends (at UF) that we can put this "Rod Johnson comeback" to bed! So...believe it or not, i dont care,just thought i would share.

According to text I got Rod was cleared but it wasn't by anyone at UF. It was by a outside doctor Rod & His family chose. Anyway... After Johnson let it be known (on social media) he had been cleared UF sent him a text telling him "he had a drug test at 9 am the next morning". Johnson told UF "he was home and couldn't make it the next morning" UF then told him "it was mandatory and by him not being there for the test could result in him losing his scholarship" He then told them "I'm not driving up for the test because I'm transferring" UF then told Johnson "he still needed to take it and for him to transfer they had to release him first".

According to my buddy they haven't pissed him since last spring so according to him they had to know something pretty serious for them to go this route. He is suppose to meet with Randy Shannon sometimes this week so we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"Don't shoot the Messenger" on this info but I was just told by one of my friends (at UF) that we can put this "Rod Johnson comeback" to bed! So...believe it or not, i dont care,just thought i would share.

According to text I got Rod was cleared but it wasn't by anyone at UF. It was by a outside doctor Rod & His family chose. Anyway... After Johnson let it be known (on social media) he had been cleared UF sent him a text telling him "he had a drug test at 9 am the next morning". Johnson told UF "he was home and couldn't make it the next morning" UF then told him "it was mandatory and by him not being there for the test could result in him losing his scholarship" He then told them "I'm not driving up for the test because I'm transferring" UF then told Johnson "he still needed to take it and for him to transfer they had to release him first".

According to my buddy they haven't pissed him since last spring so according to him they had to know something pretty serious for them to go this route. Anyway...he will not be back in the Orange & Blue!
:doh:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

According to my buddy they haven't pissed him since last spring so according to him they had to know something pretty serious for them to go this route. He is suppose to meet with Randy Shannon sometimes this week so we'll see what happens.
messenger.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Whehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
More from Johnson's twitter account...

Dear lord I pray we make this duo happen the offense need this kind of energy and want to on the team @Ripbobby_G

ClE73yVWQAAK0do.jpg

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
More from Johnson's twitter account...

Dear lord I pray we make this duo happen the offense need this kind of energy and want to on the team @Ripbobby_G

ClE73yVWQAAK0do.jpg

I don't understand why he is putting out these types of tweets if he supposedly stated to UF that he was transferring and refused to drive back to campus for a piss test.?.?.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand why he is putting out these types of tweets if he supposedly stated to UF that he was transferring and refused to drive back to campus for a piss test.?.?.

That is a great question. Maybe we should go back and have the messenger ask his buddy? Also find out if Rod was in a boot..

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

LOL... Lake Gator "disliked" my post. It was a serious question based on Marianna's post from an "inside" source.

..................I was just told by one of my friends (at UF) that we can put this "Rod Johnson comeback" to bed! .......................

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LOL... Lake Gator "disliked" my post. It was a serious question based on Marianna's post from an "inside" source.
I got a dislike from LG a couple of weeks ago on a post that seemed even more benign than yours. IDK, maybe it was a mistake? Is what it is, I ain't got time to worry about that.
AintNobodyGotTimeForThat.gif

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I got a dislike from LG a couple of weeks ago on a post that seemed even more benign than yours. IDK, maybe it was a mistake? Is what it is, I ain't got time to worry about that.

Well I'll throw you a "like" to help balance out his fickle temperament.... :dance:

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
We can settle this right now about Rod. Lets get on the phone with the person that has the most inside knowledge of Gator Football... Pat Dooley...heck he can even find out what is on Rod's playlist.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We can settle this right now about Rod. Lets get on the phone with the person that has the most inside knowledge of Gator Football... Pat Dooley...heck he can even find out what is on Rod's playlist.
:giggle:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And now I get a dislike from Law for this post. :lol:
That's pretty funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator