Roper says don't expect Harris short of an injury

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n67729 said:
Maybe Mrs. Muschamp will suggest to Will that maybe he should bench Driskel.
wives-nagging-wife-chain-ball-marriage-demotivational-poster-1285789937.jpg

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n67729 said:

dude let it go lmao

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I am jumping to a response here without reading anything in between so forgive me if I am reiterating what has been said 20 times so far,

So Roper is saying
“My focus right now is on Jeff playing as well as he can possibly play,” Roper said. “My focus is not, ‘Hey, if it goes bad, what are we going to do?’ Our focus as a staff is to prepare Jeff as best as we possibly can and have good thoughts going into the game.”

In other words, he is saying Head Coach mandates we cannot plan ahead and prepare for possibilities. ( because Rpper has already told us that" conversation" about QB change would be "initiated" by Will and that play call decisions are also initiated by Will. ) So he is avoiding saying directly his hands are tied. I do not believe Roper would choose to coach this way. None of this is reminiscent of his Duke efforts.

And I am really sick of Musgrat getting up there and dissing fans through blatant lies, emphasizing how both backups would get lots of game reps so they would be prepared. He is the height of arrogance and disrespect in that sense despite his affable interactions with boosters.

What type of coaching team does not plan and prepare for contingencies? Are you ____ kidding me". ( or any business?) Oh, we don't want to look at that until we are in the middle of it, then what can we do? Who knew X would get injured or the other team would do Y?

I can't believe the level of dysfunctionality.. And I hold Foley responsible for letting it get this far, too..

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
They said last week that Harris received 43% of practice snaps. So, they prepare the backups.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n67526 said:
There's a good chance Roper just agrees with keeping Driskel in. I mean, we are hyping up Treon based on two throws in the 4th quarter (I think) of a blowout win against a cupcake team. Roper sees them all at practice and has said that he thinks Treon isn't mentally ready yet. We should at least give him the benefit of the doubt. Roper has done nothing to makes us doubt him other than not bend to the will of media and fans.

I don't clearly remember the wording of Roper's statement. Sometimes the wording is meant to give an impression that is not quite the whole story. He didn't offer Harris's readiness in comparison with Driskel, and he has to back up his boss, so I'm not sure if you can rely on that public statement. I would be more likely to take it at face value if jeff's play was at a higher proficiency and if people who went to open practices had not reported seeing Harris ( not the first starting week, but after than) play better than driskel and catch up quickly to Grier.

That catching up quickly suggests that if given opportunity for more ( maybe any) first team reps at practice and game time, he might quickly progress

I personally think muschamp is afraid of this as well as stubborn and arrogant, and a micro manager.. He has so much trouble allowing himself to change directions without it meaning to him that he is crap simply because his tactic was not as effective as he hoped. Very inflexible. Also hie is unhealthily attached to his way being right and most productive even in the face of obvious circumstances. Gator players, Gator Nation, and UF football program pay the price.

Listen, when I can see something is not working, it is blatantly obvious., That is how bad Gator football has been, because I know next to nothing about the details of running plays. and strategy. ( I did see a video breakdown of a few plays in an analysis of driskel and it was fascinating, but I don't catch that during games- I know there is complexity, but it is still beyond my grasp.)

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n67554 said:
If we go on a losing streak I am starting to think Foley may let Roper finish out the year instead of Muschamp. I wouldn't have thought that prior to the Bama game.

please, please please please

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n67634 said:
This is what the Bama cleanup duty was supposed to be for. Could it be any worse?

Exactly. Since Muschamp had said he was so committed to getting the backups in games what was he waiting for? Recently, I heard him say they will not be getting game reps. He says what fans want to hear in summer, like a carrot ( buy tickets) then backpedals in his pre and post games in increasing increments, and pretty soon he is straight out and very directly and authoritatively declaring the opposite. not just on the QB issues but on other aspects of the offense. We were scammed.

I don't even think this is from the insecurity of getting in games and falling back on the familiar. I think he knows how he wants it to go, said and did what was expedient, and now that the season is happening, is pretty much back to business as usual. as he intended.it to be.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n67608 said:
If Treon sucks, WM will get even more blame.

because he ,or another QB should be prepared ahead of time.

Plus, as has been said, fans expect there to be a learning curve with someone new.

There are reasons coaches use 2 QB. -even if it is to spell your starter if they need some immediate corrective instruction, to mentally get centered again, or give a body part a series to recover from a blow.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n67698 said:
“I think the biggest thing our team sees when they go out there is they watch him practice and they see what he’s able to do on the practice field,” Roper said. “Jeff practices well all the time. He’s a guy that understands what kind of energy and focus he needs to bring to the practice field. When he comes to work, he comes to work. So I expect him to play well, and I think he will.”

I addressed this in another thread and it was dismissed. I wondered if he was a good practice player and if that was what the staff sees all the time; but when it mattered he just wasn't a gamer. Maybe we should allow TH some game reps....a package of plays each game to see if he has that intangible quality that JD just seems to be lacking.

muschamp talked about treon package in 2 pre games. The second one he stressed IF the situation is right, and since the last game, themessage seems to be treon will not see the field. I do not remember if it was specifically said they would not use that package, but I was left with that impression. It was more than just addressing the question of changing QB.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n67729 said:

I seriously doubt he listens to her and she probably knows where the limits are.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n67789 said:
I heard he was getting 1/3 of the snaps from the 2nd team. That is a huge difference.

That is what I read. ( but it might have been from you? ) something about 8 TH to 17 or so JD , but treon's with second.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Gatoravatara;n67789 said:
I heard he was getting 1/3 of the snaps from the 2nd team. That is a huge difference.

The comment from Roper last week was Driskel 8 snaps, Harris 6 snaps (with 2nd team) out of the 14 snaps for an offensive session

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If we lose, let WM go. Make Roper interim coach. Give him the rest of the
season to prove he is a good OC. If he doesn't produce, let him go too.

If Roper produces either make him HC or give him a good raise and find
a new HC.

It is past time to see where the problem lies. WM will leave town with a
healthy bank account.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp is a liar of sorts if you really listen to what he says and what he delivers. The guy is just milking the cash cow.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think WM will be allowed 3-4 losses this year and keep his HC job. JD keeps his job. The buyout is being dodged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator