Rowdy Roddy Piper dead

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So many heart attack deaths for former pro wrestlers. Steroids are a hell of a drug.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n254395 said:
I'm ready for this chick to get knocked out. I'm tired of hearing about her.

I'd tell you to knock yourself out, but she'd do that for you.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n254349 said:
Why is this in the sports forum?
Because we don't have a forum for ridiculously bad community theatre.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
PastyStoole;n254404 said:
Because we don't have a forum for ridiculously bad community theatre.

3d149f926356b8c267224be0d883dc68.jpg

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Ray Finkle;n254406 said:
No disrespect, but my parents made me play outside. Rest in peace guy

Ray - we are all in shock here, please for the love of God let us grieve.
And anytime someone begins a sentence with ..."No disrespect but..." or "No offense but..." they're about to lay down some disrespectin'.

Somewhere there's a ringside metal folding chair with your name on it...

GordonSolie1.JPG

Seka

Apr 19, 2015
Speaking of Gordon "So long from the Sunshine state" Soli... loved it when he'd say, "His legs have turned to rubber" usually referencing the great Bearcat Wright as the good guys were kicking his arse... my fave grappler will always be Jack Briso.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rowdy and wearing those damn Kilts! Loved it. He was a heck of a character. RIP Roddy!

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n254365 said:
My favorite all-time Piper moment, I've always wondered if that coconut was real or not.......
that's some classic wrasslin' right there boys. that's all you need to know. stunned and then amazingly something inside rises up and you're unstoppable.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
playzwtrux;n254496 said:
and then amazingly

Yep - amazingly (how DO they do that?).
I think it was 1987 or 88 in the Tallahassee Leon County Civic center - Lex Lugar (The Total Package) - a young Sting (with crewcut), and the Nature Boy were wrasslin' that night.
From about the 8th row those 'punches' weren't even close (Sorry - spoiler alert) - looks better on TV.
But some of the things those guys did were very athletic/acrobatic.

We saw those same wrestlers out later that night at a club and the dudes were massive... and the girls were a-swarmin'.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
RIP Roddy. I have absolutely no desire to watch what they call wrestling today but when I was younger in the 80's & 90's it was great. I am actually surprised RRP lasted as long as he did with all the drugs and steroids that he pulled into his body. Nonetheless it is a shame when someone dies younger than 75-80 in my book. That's a good age to die in my book. If you take care of yourself you should still be able to drive and get around on your own, barring any sort of illness.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Delg8tor;n254548 said:
RIP Roddy. I have absolutely no desire to watch what they call wrestling today but when I was younger in the 80's & 90's it was great. I am actually surprised RRP lasted as long as he did with all the drugs and steroids that he pulled into his body. Nonetheless it is a shame when someone dies younger than 75-80 in my book. That's a good age to die in my book. If you take care of yourself you should still be able to drive and get around on your own, barring any sort of illness.

You think Piper did a lot of steroids? He had a decent build but nothing like the obvious steroid guys like Lex Luger, Billy Graham and others had. I have heard they abuse pain pills real bad to which I am sure takes a big toll also.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Gator Fever;n254570 said:
You think Piper did a lot of steroids? He had a decent build but nothing like the obvious steroid guys like Lex Luger, Billy Graham and others had. I have heard they abuse pain pills real bad to which I am sure takes a big toll also.

I don't think he did as many as others, but from what I have read and seen in interviews I think the drug he was into the most in the 80's was cocaine.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
R.I.P. Rowdy Roddy!

He really was a rare wrestler.

I'll remember him well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members