RUMOR: Mac Looking for an out?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
exactly. Goldkamp said that it was unlikely, but that a job like Oregon would be something he would take. I think he sees he can't keep up in recruiting here and is looking for a way out by blaming the fans.
Blaming the fans is a clear cut sign of a coach in over their head with no answers. This has like next to zero chance of happening though bc what major school would want him? And how much would he owe us if he bolted?

Butters isn't going anywhere, neither is Nuss.

:butters:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I understand the frustration but I truly don't understand the personal anger.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
In all seriousness I would respect him more for leaving than if he stayed. He knows by now that this conference is a meatgrinder and he could leave a 2 time division champion in his only 2 seasons here, which looks great on a resume.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Nevada has a job opening as well.

I agree with a few that UF would look bad and this would set us back even further. Plus who are we gonna get? Who wants to come here? On the other hand could we get an established winner coach to take this job?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Blaming the fans is a clear cut sign of a coach in over their head with no answers. This has like next to zero chance of happening though bc what major school would want him? And how much would he owe us if he bolted?

If the new ad had any sense he'd negotiate a smaler buyout if thats what it took.

Darthgator

Aug 18, 2014
First, it would put UF into the stone age if he left. Anyone who says different most likely ate paint chips as a child.

Second, I highly doubt that he uprooted his family to move to Gainesville to he run out of town by a mob of bent fans after FSU. We could have the patriots coaching staff running the show and it wouldn't make up for the fact that our players were out physicaled saturday based on talent.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I kinda hope this happens.

Let's go get Kelly, Fleck or Petrino.....or Gruden :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nevada has a job opening as well.

I agree with a few that UF would look bad and this would set us back even further. Plus who are we gonna get? Who wants to come here? On the other hand could we get an established winner coach to take this job?
Mac wasn't an established winner and still isn't . He's recruiting worse than his transition year. How would this set us back?

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
in no way does this make uf look bad, every big program has fans just like us, big programs aren't for every coach

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Enough with the "this will set us back" crap. Have you not noticed that we are being set back every year that our recruiting gets worse under Mac?

A new coach can turn around a program in 1-2 years. Look at Petrino, Fuente, and Herman.

I like Mac and think he's a really good dude, but have lost hope that he's the answer

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014

Probably not, but I get tired of this gator fans are the reason people don't want to come here crap. Every fan base is vocal on social media and its something a coach has to live with. every fan base that has been extremely mediocre and downright pittiful looking for 8 years is going to be extremely vocal on social media until things look better. You want them to shut up then make us look like we wouldn't loose to a high school team some days and recruit better. Muschamp beat the highest of expectations out of most of us for a while, but expecting simple improvements and better recruiting are not something we should be ashamed of expecting.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It being Oregon is why I don't buy it, they want offense up there and need a strong recruiter, Mac doesn't fit either bill.
Now i know how the pumpers feel when T-rex posts .

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So serious question, who would replace him? I must admit, at this point I'm off the Mac Train, so I would be excited for a new coaching search.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Probably not, but I get tired of this gator fans are the reason people don't want to come here crap. Every fan base is vocal on social media and its something a coach has to live with. every fan base that has been extremely mediocre and downright pittiful looking for 8 years is going to be extremely vocal on social media until things look better. You want them to shut up then make us look like we wouldn't loose to a high school team some days and recruit better. Muschamp beat the highest of expectations out of most of us for a while, but expecting simple improvements and better recruiting are not something we should be ashamed of expecting.
Umm... I agree... sooo... yeah?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator