Rumor: Mullen was on vacation on NSD

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
if true, good. He didn't get a raise without mullens recommendation so mullen needs to own it.

Maybe I’m confusing questions. If Mullen leaves, Mullen has to pay his own buyout. It’s $2M.

are we talking about somebody else?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Maybe I’m confusing questions. If leaves, Mullen has to pay his own buyout. It’s $2M.

Don't know about Mullen but Grantham's contract requires him to pay his remaining salary back to UF if he takes another job.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is all wishful thinking.

giphy.gif

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I bet he can recruit his ass off, and that’s a lot of crootin.

A big part of winning recruiting wars is winning Mom's over. No better way than asking for seconds at the dinner table.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe I’m confusing questions. If Mullen leaves, Mullen has to pay his own buyout. It’s $2M.

ah I misunderstood the back and forth. I thought this was about mullen wanting to can granthem after just giving him a raise and extension last season.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just what Oklahoma, osu and Clemson needed. Hell, 3 of the perennial top 5 programs are ran by their promoted offensive coordinators.

Edit: 3 of the top 4. Oklahoma's definitely top 4 and usually in the Playoffs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You forgot about Chump. UF is no place for on the job training. It's laughable.
the problem isn't quote job training the problem is that the guys don't have a fuchsing win regardless of how long they've been a head coach.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Goldkamp goes further on that there is a major disagreement between Mullen and the administration right now.

He doesn’t say what it was, but I think he wanted to get rid of Grantham and the administration would not allow it.

Add in the fact that the football only facility has turned into a 10 year project…

So to recap, the disagreement is over Mullen’s buyout, not Grantham’s, which is $2m (I would have expected it to be much higher).

What I don’t get is why the “administration,” aka Stricklin, wouldn’t allow him to fire Grantham if Grantham’s own buyout wasn’t the issue. We apparently need to be more conscious of his third-down philosophy the next time we go shopping for a baseball AD.

Edit: Actually, strike that. Mullen’s buyout isn’t a source of disagreement. He owes it if he bolts for the NFL, but that still leaves the question of why he wasn’t allowed to fire Grantham. It also makes me wonder if it has anything to do with him looking elsewhere.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator