Rumors on Will Grier

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
After the 6 games next year, he could enter the draft.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see why he would do this... he has to sit out an extra 6 games. So that leaves him with two seasons of eligibility. Why not sit out the first 6 games...practice with the team and come in and do great. Is he really that scared of Del Rio or any incoming true freshman?
Assuming he actually transfers, I imagine it's pretty hard to come back from the embarrassment of what happened here. Easier to start fresh someplace new where fans like MJM and t don't hate your guts for making a dumb immature mistake.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Assuming he actually transfers, I imagine it's pretty hard to come back from the embarrassment of what happened here. Easier to start fresh someplace new where fans like MJM and t don't hate your guts for making a dumb immature mistake.

I guess... I have seen some things on twitter saying he is gone... I think the majority would welcome him back, but maybe this is why Mac is going for Franks and Eason...?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What FCS school is he going to channel his inner Ingle Martin (who had a good stint at Furman) and transfer down to and play right away after six games?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
What FCS school is he going to channel his inner Ingle Martin (who had a good stint at Furman) and transfer down to and play right away after six games?

North Carolina schools? Western Carolina, Davidson, Gardner-Webb...

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I guess... I have seen some things on twitter saying he is gone... I think the majority would welcome him back, but maybe this is why Mac is going for Franks and Eason...?

Mac cant sit and wait for what might be half way thru next season. He needs to get the best he can and if Grier doesnt like it or doesnt think he can compete then oh well. I prefer he comes back but either way we are moving ahead....

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Disappointing if true. I really thought the kid had the potential to be very special here. He has all the physical tools and that QB swagger.

Cam # 2?? :barfaway:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac cant sit and wait for what might be half way thru next season. He needs to get the best he can and if Grier doesnt like it or doesnt think he can compete then oh well. I prefer he comes back but either way we are moving ahead....

Yes, but bringing in two top QBs vs. stopping at one is the surprise. That puts a lot of QBs on the roster, especially when you include Trask. Theoretically you have Treon, Grier, Del Rio, Franks, Eason and Trask. I know it is possible that Treon moves to WR, but 6 scholly QBs is a lot if he doesn't. If McElwain already knows that Grier is gone... it makes more sense for him to take Eason and Franks because he is losing Grier's scholly.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yes, but bringing in two top QBs vs. stopping at one is the surprise. That puts a lot of QBs on the roster, especially when you include Trask. Theoretically you have Treon, Grier, Del Rio, Franks, Eason and Trask. I know it is possible that Treon moves to WR, but 6 scholly QBs is a lot if he doesn't. If McElwain already knows that Grier is gone... it makes more sense for him to take Eason and Franks because he is losing Grier's scholly.

He likely wont land both. It will be one or the other...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sitting out while suspended doesn't count.
I've heard that somewhere as well, but I haven't seen the rule on that, have you? So that would mean he couldn't play until another calendar year after his suspension is up? I'm not clear on this.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Why do all the decent ones leave and crappy ones stay? Oh dang, i think i might have just used a racial slur or called a player a bad name. I'll go ahead and flag myself for being a bad fan.

:racist:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just heard on Thriller, Grier is transferring to Les Miles' new team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator