Sam Bruce

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
We need to continue to pour on the charm for Sam Bruce now that the Richt fired Kevin Beard. Bruce asserted earlier after Golden was fired that as long as they retained Beard, he was solid UM. I just do t see why Bruce would end up in Miami now. Bruce + NCM and we'd be set at receiver for the next few years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not interested in smurfs.

I dont get the attraction. Even the good ones spend their entire career hurt. Its what happens when 5'6" slot receiver gets hit by an SEC linebacker. Leave him at scUM.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't forget about Victor. Although I doubt we get all 3. Would be lucky to get 2 of 3.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody remember what happened to Patton after a routine tackle? We don't need a midget out there getting smothered or goes down when someone breaths on him. I just don't see the appeal.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
Don't forget about Victor. Although I doubt we get all 3. Would be lucky to get 2 of 3.

I would love to get Victor. He is going to be tough to cover. I'd definitely take Bruce (not over Victor or NCM). He's only 5-8 but the guy can fly. Jack Jackson was smaller than Bruce and he had a nice career for us.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone remember Ricky Nattiel, Jack Jackson, or Jacquez Green? Seriously, this guy is worth a scholly. He's 180lb, and pretty strong.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
He is small but has good hands. I wont mind if he comes here along with the others we want.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It never hurts to have some small shifty guys on the team that can do different things in the offense. It could be great for kick returns (remember Brandon Powell). I'm not saying Bruce should be our #1 target, but I wouldn't turn him down if he wanted to come.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Me neither. We already have Calloway and Powell and a shaky 1st time QB needs more big targets who can take some 50/50 balls. Just because a guy is tall doesn't mean he can't run after the catch either. I also want guys to be able to hold blocks when our backs get to the second level.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014

I dont get the attraction. Even the good ones spend their entire career hurt. Its what happens when 5'6" slot receiver gets hit by an SEC linebacker. Leave him at scUM.
He's a midget and he's slow. Kid runs a 4.53 40! If he ran 4.3's or 4.4 then I'd be all for taking him but he doesn't.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody remember what happened to Patton after a routine tackle? We don't need a midget out there getting smothered or goes down when someone breaths on him. I just don't see the appeal.

In his defense his arm was broken when he put it behind him in an awkward motion to try and break his fall while he was being dragged down (practically horse collared) from behind. It was an awkward fall that would have broken the arm of about any receiver we now how on the team. It had nothing to do with his size. Dude should've just fallen down but it was just instinct, I guess to put his arm out...

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member

I noticed he was a dink. Maybe he could be another James and return punts and kicks.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's not a dink. He's built like Steve Smith. He's got plenty of muscle. I wouldn't compare him to any of the smurphs.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
isn't Stove a slot guy? rather have him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like athletic tight ends who can flex to the slot. They break less, they tend to keep a defense out of nickel and usually losing a LB in coverage is easier than losing a safety/nickel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator