SEC Coaches Comment on pOSU Schedule

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Its true but I think a 2 loss SEC team jumping a 1 loss other conference champion is out the door after last year except maybe the ACC Champion.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Exactly the reason Creyer is at OSU and not Florida. He couldn't handle playing ranked teams every week.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n275115 said:
Exactly the reason Creyer is at OSU and not Florida. He couldn't handle playing ranked teams every week.
Every week? I think he still has a losing record vs. ranked teams since 2010.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Its true. Their schedule is weak. We'll see how long before the spasms start.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n275168 said:
Its true. Their schedule is weak. We'll see how long before the spasms start.

What on that schedule would elicit spasms? It's a cake walk.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n275183 said:
What on that schedule would elicit spasms? It's a cake walk.

Well, any trip to the state of New Jersey makes ones ******* suck buttermilk, therefore, the trip to Rutgers might cause him to break out the Prozac.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I liked this bit from Mullen:

“I look at the FPI or one of (ESPN’s) ranking index. I saw it said that Ohio State has a 99 percent chance to win their games,” Mullen said. “What would be interesting is how that would rank for each team in the SEC West off of that schedule, and how many of those teams would almost be looking at locks into the playoff just in the West if that was the schedule that our teams had to play. What would their percentage be if they were playing one of our schedules?”

The computer simulations that are projecting win percentages ought to be able to do this fairly simply. I'd love to see them take the top few teams from each conference and do some what-if simulations in other conferences (FSU? Oregon?)

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I find it a bit whiny when other coaches complain about their schedules compared to others. Do your job, coach your team and worry about what you can control. We've won our 3 NCs when we've had some of our toughest schedules. I believe we won them BECAUSE our schedules were so tough and we were totally prepared for the big game while our opponents weren't.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You play the schedule you are given, Meyer went to a place for an easier path to the Playoff. Good for him, it was probably a smart career move.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;275362 said:
Honestly, I find it a bit whiny when other coaches complain about their schedules compared to others. Do your job, coach your team and worry about what you can control. We've won our 3 NCs when we've had some of our toughest schedules. I believe we won them BECAUSE our schedules were so tough and we were totally prepared for the big game while our opponents weren't.

I agree that playing a tough schedule helps prepare for a NC while a weak schedule makes a team weak. Look no further than FSU last year. However it can beat your team down and create injuries. There is nothing wrong with pointing this out and supporting your team. Especially with the amount of praise Ohio State will get this season.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The OSU schedule is very week. OSU is still very good and possibly the best team in the country.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
WobbleGator;n275262 said:
The playoffs? :dunno:

playoffs-o.gif

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n275374 said:
I agree that playing a tough schedule helps prepare for a NC while a weak schedule makes a team weak. Look no further than FSU last year. However it can beat your team down and create injuries. There is nothing wrong with pointing this out and supporting your team. Especially with the amount of praise Ohio State will get this season.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Ohio St.'s schedule last year was weak as well though and they were plenty prepared for the playoffs.

While I know some like to say, worry about your own schedule and what you can control....the disparity between SEC schedules and the Big 10's is immense. Ditto for FSU. I've never liked the fact they can coast into the post season while SEC is in a dog fight week in and week out.
Coaches speaking up about can effectuate change and/or more weight given to a 2 loss SEC team. It helps the SEC for them to speak up about it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Himey;n275437 said:
Ohio St.'s schedule last year was weak as well though and they were plenty prepared for the playoffs.

While I know some like to say, worry about your own schedule and what you can control....the disparity between SEC schedules and the Big 10's is immense. Ditto for FSU. I've never liked the fact they can coast into the post season while SEC is in a dog fight week in and week out.
Coaches speaking up about can effectuate change and/or more weight given to a 2 loss SEC team. It helps the SEC for them to speak up about it.

You really think coaches whining about their schedules will have an impact on the playoffs? :lol:

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n275461 said:
You really think coaches whining about their schedules will have an impact on the playoffs? :lol:

The noisy wheel gets the grease. Enough complaints and things get changed....eventually. To think that they should just keep their mouths shut and things will work out on their own is a bit naive I think.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Himey;n275437 said:

So the conferences should readjust due to them not being even. Ohio State schedule mostly sucks because the Big 10 sucks, same with FSU. It comes off as complaining the SEC is too hard.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n275576 said:
So the conferences should readjust due to them not being even. Ohio State schedule mostly sucks because the Big 10 sucks, same with FSU. It comes off as complaining the SEC is too hard.

Yep. Does anyone think the Big and the ACC are looking to add tougher teams to their conference so they will have tougher schedules? Whining changes nothing in the SEC. Either win or GTFO and give the next guy a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator