SEC Explains Play Clock Call

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
I was so mad about that late spear. How does no one in stripes on the field see that?!? :boom:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Of all the effed up calls they made in that game, THAT'S the call they had to explain?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah the spearing was bush league, dude gets the Darnell Dockett lifetime curse for that one.:headshake:

GatorGrad

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
“At the request of the University of Kentucky, consistent with SEC protocol, the conference office reviewed the fourth down play in the first overtime of the Kentucky-Florida game and has determined the officials applied the proper mechanics and guidelines that are in place to determine when a flag should be thrown for delay of game,” the statement read. “The back judge is responsible for delay of game calls. The procedure for the back judge is for his eyes to stay on the clock when it nears zero. When the clock hits zero, he immediately looks from the clock to the ball. If the ball is moving, there is no delay of game. If the ball is stationary, a delay of game penalty is called.”

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Interpretation is kinda whacked...it definitely was 00 when it was snapped so whatever. I'll take it.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
That fat tub of lard took four steps after the whistle blew AND he led with his helmet. Committed every violation in the book, still no call. Turrible

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n50823 said:
That fat tub of lard took four steps after the whistle blew AND he led with his helmet. Committed every violation in the book, still no call. Turrible

He absolutely should have been ejected immediately. No excuse for the no call other than money involved.

Total :bsflag:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That was close enough that the call could have went either way and the other side would have a legitimate gripe. After last year, we deserve a few breaks to go our way.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02 said:
Looked worse in slo-mo.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what is up with the officiating in the SEC at times. These guys cannot see a Player go Darnell Dockett and spear another player. You have a back judge that calls pass interference from 25 yards away while the refs on both these calls miss them. Being a former referee these guys at times have bad field management of their zones. Surely we have better in the SEC.

As far as the spear on Taylor. I'm not sure if they have a review of those plays, but that a-hole needs a suspension. In addition the crew needs to be called out on it. Especially the Ref on top of it. Obviously he is blowing the whistle. Does he stop looking, apparently so.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
CapitalGator02;n50823 said:

He absolutely should have been ejected immediately. No excuse for the no call other than money involved.

Total :bsflag:
exactly.! And the NCAA and SEC need to stop giving hypocritic lip service to protecting players from injury while parading out the targeting rule and allowing it to be used used to manipulate games by removing key players for legitimate hits while allowing actual vicious intent to injure to thrive because it suits somebody's monetary desires.

it is basically aiding and abetting violent crime against college athletes;

And they expect us to believe the gurley head butt on usc that resulted in a 15 yd PI against usc for a GA first down was an accidental oversight or never happened.. Who cares if the player has serious problems as a result. I think these types of calls and no calls are getting more blatant. why not? they know there is no accountability and their is big money involved. The players are merely people.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n50839 said:
I don't know what is up with the officiating in the SEC at times. These guys cannot see a Player go Darnell Dockett and spear another player. You have a back judge that calls pass interference from 25 yards away while the refs on both these calls miss them. Being a former referee these guys at times have bad field management of their zones. Surely we have better in the SEC.

As far as the spear on Taylor. I'm not sure if they have a review of those plays, but that a-hole needs a suspension. In addition the crew needs to be called out on it. Especially the Ref on top of it. Obviously he is blowing the whistle. Does he stop looking, apparently so.
I knew there was something fishy about you

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The refs judged the play as it has been judged the last decade (at least) wait til it hits zero, then see if there is movement. If the ball hasn't moved and isn't moving throw the flag. You get an extra .5 second to full second depending on the ref after the clock hits zero. The rest is just whining.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Watching it live in the stadium, I thought they got it off way after it hit 0, but it really was just a fraction of a second later. Stoops can whine all he wants, won't change anything.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was also getting pretty pissed at all that pushing off their receivers were doing against our DB's. Full arm extension and all.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Captain Sasquatch said:
Watching it live in the stadium, I thought they got it off way after it hit 0, but it really was just a fraction of a second later. Stoops can whine all he wants, won't change anything.
I remember seeing the ball snap first but I was heavily intoxicated.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So Stoops is complaining about a very close no call, that has since been validated, yet he completely ignores the numerous, and I mean numerous missed calls that went in his favor? Mark is clearly Bob's brother.
If the idiot refs call the spear on Taylor:
1. We get 15 yards closer to a score
2. His best defensive tackle is disqualified from the game
3. His best defensive tackle misses the first half of their next game

Stoops should shut up. His team had multiple chances to win the game and did not get it done. End of story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator