SEC IS BAD... Blame Nick!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Saban is far and away the best coach currently in college football and in my opinion the best college football coach ever. But with that said, the gap between Alabama and the rest of the SEC is not just that Saban is great, but the rest of the conference is littered with horrendous coaches and I mean horrendous. The best coach in the SEC East (IMO) is Mason, but to be fair he can't be judged as the others b/c of the Vandy situation, but I think he is ok. The other 6 in the East are a joke. The West has 3 glorified high school coaches (Cousin Eddie, Freeze and Malzahn), a Saban wannabe (Bert), the Waterboy DC and Sumlin (who is all over the board). As I have mentioned in the past, it is akin to what the big 10 was many, many years ago when 8 of the teams sucked (with bad coaches) and UM and OSU had guys like Moeller, Carr, Hoke, Cooper, etc. Tressel finally rescued OSU. Now some think the Big 10 is the best conference this year. Why? Harbaugh, Meyer, Ferentz, Fitzgreald are 4 very good coaches in my mind. Some think Franklin is also and I liked Kill at Minnesota before he had to retire last year. The point is the Big 10 has at least 4 very good coaches. The SEC has 10-12 total train wrecks!!!!!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If the SEC West was doing like it was a couple of years ago then like back then the media would proclaim they have most of the good coaches. Its a tough time in the SEC especially the West right now because even the lower teams have some pretty good talent on them. Saban has ridiculous recruiting on offense and defense to set Bama above everyone else besides the coaching.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I said in another thread. Former SEC title coaches in SOS, Meyer and Richt have been replaced by Ed O, Chump(twice), Butters and Smart. Butch Jones? The list of weak coaches goes on and on. At least some are recruiting well. Our guy is not replacing talent for talent. Some of the bozos on Fantasy Gas think that Mac deserves at least FIVE years before we make any kind of decision. It's morons like them that got Chump a 4th season.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I blame NCAA for not enforcing recruiting rules.
Bingo....the main reason the SEC is so bad is because the SEC/NCAA has allowed Saban to do whatever in the hell he wants to (on the trail) and he's hoarding all the talent on one team. Saban has 76 players rated 4* or higher on his roster while teams like ours has around 24. Huge....gap in talent there!!!

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
There is no question that Saban is the best coach, but I do believe there are some real rules violations that are going on with Bama and folks are looking the other way. This will eventually fix itself but it's going to take some time and alot of heartache. The sports writers are fine with Bama being kings for now, they really like the that the rest of the SEC is suffering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator