SEC tournament seeding

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It looks like to get the # 7 seed for the SEC tournament we need Vandy to lose at Ole Miss and for Tennessee to beat SC at home. There is one other possibility but I highly doubt that happens. It would be nice to get the 7 seed because the 8-9 seed winner plays Kentucky the next game while the 7-10 winner will get Arkansas it appears and we have shown we can beat them already. We also would avoid KY unless it was the actual championship game.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Those are two pretty likely outcomes. I think we can get an nit bid if we can finish above 500. Even though it's the nit we could use the extra games.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we should go ahead and spoil Kentucky's perfect season at Rupp on Saturday

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe someone like LSU could play a real good game and knock Kentucky off or maybe we could pull a minor miracle if we get hot and make the championship game. I can dream I guess.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n187163 said:
Maybe someone like LSU could play a real good game and knock Kentucky off or maybe we could pull a minor miracle if we get hot and make the championship game. I can dream I guess.
I don't know if we've won 3 games in row all year

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Why would we need Tennessee to win? If Vandy loses to Ole Miss and we lose to UK, we'll be tied with them and we should get the nod over them. That is, assuming the SEC doesn't consider an 0-2 record vs. UK to be worse than Vandy's 0-1 record against them. Then the tiebreaker would move to head to head record vs. Arkansas, which we would win.

Finishing tied with UT or Bama shouldn't matter, as we've beaten both of them in our only contests against each other.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If our Gators tie with Vandy and UT at 8-10, UF gets the 7 spot due to the best winning % among the teams. Vandy will be .500 and our Gators will be .667. If the tie is Vandy, UF, and Bama then I believe Vandy gets the 7 for beating Bama twice and having a .750 winning percentage. It's a 4 way tie with Vandy, Bama, UT, and UF, then UF will get the nod with a .75 winning %

Just hope Vandy doesn't beat Ole Miss, or get screwed in Sasquatch's scenario with the 0-2 vs 0-1.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n187180 said:
Why would we need Tennessee to win? If Vandy loses to Ole Miss and we lose to UK, we'll be tied with them and we should get the nod over them. That is, assuming the SEC doesn't consider an 0-2 record vs. UK to be worse than Vandy's 0-1 record against them. Then the tiebreaker would move to head to head record vs. Arkansas, which we would win.

Finishing tied with UT or Bama shouldn't matter, as we've beaten both of them in our only contests against each other.

From what some have said - In a head to head Vandy beats us due to the 2nd tiebreaker being against the # 1 seed (won-loss) so we would get punished for playing KY twice. In a 3 way tiebreaker that included Bama - Vandy beats us due to having 2 wins over Bama.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n187253 said:
If our Gators tie with Vandy and UT at 8-10, UF gets the 7 spot due to the best winning % among the teams. Vandy will be .500 and our Gators will be .667. If the tie is Vandy, UF, and Bama then I believe Vandy gets the 7 for beating Bama twice and having a .750 winning percentage. It's a 4 way tie with Vandy, Bama, UT, and UF, then UF will get the nod with a .75 winning %

Just hope Vandy doesn't beat Ole Miss, or get screwed in Sasquatch's scenario with the 0-2 vs 0-1.

That sounds about right.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Shoot free throws and somewhat three point shots and we have a shot to go deep and get an NIT bid. Otherwise we might be at home.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n187274 said:
Shoot free throws and somewhat three point shots and we have a shot to go deep and get an NIT bid. Otherwise we might be at home.

We need to aim higher. We could be one of the first big conference schools to ever get a 14 seed if we pull this off.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If by a miracle UF wins the conference tournament, I bet the committee would put the Gators in one of the first 4 "playoff" games. But, even if we don't get an NIT bid, ya'll are forgetting about the CBI and CIT!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we beat Kentucky this Saturday and make it to the SEC championship game but lose. Would we be able to steal an at large bid?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n187429 said:
If we beat Kentucky this Saturday and make it to the SEC championship game but lose. Would we be able to steal an at large bid?

Doubt it. I believe the only chance we have to make the National tournament is win the conference tournament.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n187429 said:

Magic8_OutlookNotSoGood.jpg

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We'd have to beat UK to make the NC2As - um...yeah...having trouble with that one. I've watched a few of their games. That team is stacked. Don't let the close games fool you.

It is shameful that their scumbag coach gets all those kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator