Shai Alexander to UK

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not really a surprise here, but too bad.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0589801755101893806-4

I don't blame White for this. Billy lost guys to UK also. They are UK and their basketball facilities and overall program just can't be beat. Plus Calipari puts tons of guys in the NBA.

Sucks, but not a surprise.
I'll be disappointed for him if he rides the bench for much of his career - I hope he's better than that - and if he is, that's not good for us. I get the decision and the allure, but I just don't see him as a KY one (or two) and done type player. I see him as a 4-year guy and he's going to have to compete against McD AAs every year who want to come in and be the starter.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just hope white tells him to lose his number when he wants to transfer

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am very disappointed in Shai. Unlike football, basketball commitments usually mean something and 99% of them stick. This is another case of a coach spotting a talent early on and trying to lock him down early. As the clock nears midnight, the NBA development league or UK swoops in and Shai bails on the coach that was on him first.
I understand why but that doesn't make it right

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am very disappointed in Shai. Unlike football, basketball commitments usually mean something and 99% of them stick. This is another case of a coach spotting a talent early on and trying to lock him down early. As the clock nears midnight, the NBA development league or UK swoops in and Shai bails on the coach that was on him first.
I understand why but that doesn't make it right
I'm still a little pissed that Alexander left us standing the alter. LIke you said, kids flip in FB all the time, that's fine, there's like 25+ recruits each cycle, so one flip is less than 5% of your class. In BB, it's impacting a much smaller class og 3 to 5, most of the time, and that's huge, like 20-33%, especially when it's your top rated commit. :gah:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We need DT's and LB's!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I quit attending/watching Gator Basketball soon as we hired White. No sense in me wasting even more money attending/watching games on another Subpar product.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I quit attending/watching Gator Basketball soon as we hired White. No sense in me wasting even more money attending/watching games on another Subpar product.
I'm willing to give Coach White a chance. The Gators were below .500 in Billy's last year, so he didn't really leave the new coach with an ideal situation. It was actually an ideal situation for Billy to bolt. I wasn't happy with what I saw on the court last year, but it was a first year coach with a bunch of players who didn't sign to play for him. Allen, Stone and Hayes honored their commitments, but we lost a good one in Dickerson, who went to Washington and played a ton as freshman.
Now if Coach White doesn't get this current team to the second round of the dance or beyond, then I think a replacement should be looked at. This current team is loaded with talent and experience - next year's gonna be a tough year, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator