Shannon Compares Davis to Ray Lewis

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
“He’s competitive like Jon Vilma was,” Shannon said of Davis. “Vilma, if you played cards, he’d play all night until he beat you. That’s how Jarrad is. He’ll never quit, he’s going to have to win. If you want to keep competing at dominoes or a game, you’re gonna be up all night with it until you let him win. Very competitive in that aspect, he takes a lot of pride in himself. Athletically he has like Jon Beason-ness, the speed and the power and stuff like that and the knowledge like Ray [Lewis] was. He has the game, he knows what to do, he knows how to get the guys lined up, he knows how to protect certain guys on the defense with a call.”

Didn't know Vilma sucked so bad at cards and dominoes.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The biggest difference between them is the speed. Lewis ran a legit 4.5 40. Davis doesn't run close to that. If we take Shannon at his word about being like Beason, it means Davis runs around a 4.8 40 which is probably about right.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest difference between them is the speed. Lewis ran a legit 4.5 40. Davis doesn't run close to that. If we take Shannon at his word about being like Beason, it means Davis runs around a 4.8 40 which is probably about right.

He only compared him to Lewis in knowledge of what to call.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He only compared him to Lewis in knowledge of what to call.

Lewis failed to call 911 when he was at the scene of that kid's murder-stabbing... left
him bleeding. That much was known evidence but ignored 'cause Lewis didn't do the
actual stabbing.??? The med-tech said if they'd got there 5 minutes earlier, they could
have saved the kid's life.?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lewis failed to call 911 when he was at the scene of that kid's murder-stabbing... left
him bleeding. That much was known evidence but ignored 'cause Lewis didn't do the
actual stabbing.??? The med-tech said if they'd got there 5 minutes earlier, they could
have saved the kid's life.?

Well I don't think that he was comparing him in THAT way.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Davis is one of the best LB in the country IMO

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Davis is smooth enough to dodge a murder charge so I don't see the comparison.

For all you "take the highroad" guys. When you mention Ray Lewis the first thing that pops in my mind is murderer. If you don't want people to think murderer then don't mention the murderers name.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
When you mention Ray Lewis the first thing that pops in my mind is murderer. If you don't want people to think murderer then don't mention the murderers name.

While the person (Ray Lewis) is not high on my list, I can acknowledge his ability to command a defense. I won't criticize your first association of his name being to 'murderer'. However, it's unrealistic of you to claim nobody can mention him because of your association with that name. Do you need a 'safe zone' from this discussion?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
While the person (Ray Lewis) is not high on my list, I can acknowledge his ability to command a defense. I won't criticize your first association of his name being to 'murderer'. However, it's unrealistic of you to claim nobody can mention him because of your association with that name. Do you need a 'safe zone' from this discussion?

Good one!
Nah, I think I will be okay

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.