Should Mullen renegotiate his contract?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No people. No one. Not a single NFL team.

Why he thinks any team will ever want Mr QB Keeper/Option, I dont know. Incredible levels of delusion. This isnt 1952.

And not a single college team has ever wanted him either. Only Stricklin. And he may have been #17 on Tinerc's list the third time they hired in the last decade.

That’s not true. You pulled a thread I started in 2005 or thereabout in which I gushed over his play calling abilities. So there’s at least one.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Sadly, I think he's staying. Which is why I started the thread.
He would have to be a man, ready to man up. He's not going to do that and his agent would not let him. He's in the driver's seat. We may not have the money exactly to pay the buyout.

I imagine even some of his misbegotten staff doesn't believe he's worth what he's paid and that some of that raise should have been directed their way, but they also know they couldn't get hired anywhere else so that $20 thousand net check they get every month is a pretty good deal for them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That’s not true. You pulled a thread I started in 2005 or thereabout in which I gushed over his play calling abilities. So there’s at least one.
I blame long haul covid.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Sadly, I think he's staying. Which is why I started the thread.

Sadly, I think you’re right. If anyone thinks Mullen acted on his own in dismissing Grantham and Hevesy, they’re delusional. There was plenty of “guidance” from above. He’s paid his price in exchange for additional time at the helm.

Stricklin has to go in order for there to be real change and that’s not happening.

It is pretty frustrating from so many angles, UNLESS, MuLLLLLen is being fired and ducks are getting herded in a row. Otherwise, Stricklin is really fuching up. Maybe Stricklin is being fired so we are in a lull of he!!.

The point is, if MuLLLLen isn't being fired then where the fuch is Stricklin backing him up so the recruit class doesn't spiral like it is doing. Yeah, it already sucks and we all agree that MuLLLLLen should be fired for that very reason but if Stricklin actually thinks firing a couple assistants is the answer then he needs to crawl out of his safe space and do his fuching job.

FIRE SCOTT STRICKLIN.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Sadly, I think you’re right. If anyone thinks Mullen acted on his own in dismissing Grantham and Hevesy, they’re delusional. There was plenty of “guidance” from above. He’s paid his price in exchange for additional time at the helm.

Stricklin has to go in order for there to be real change and that’s not happening.
Delusional? You don't think maybe Mullen was trying to give his buddies a jump on getting a new job? Mullen's decision making is always dumb and selfish. I wouldn't rule out Stricklin getting axed yet. I still think there's a good chance Mullen"mutually" agrees on a buyout and leaves. He is a very poor decision maker but he definitely can see the impossible uphill battle in front of him.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why would he renegotiate his contract? Who here would renegotiate their contract for a lower amount with your employer?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Delusional? You don't think maybe Mullen was trying to give his buddies a jump on getting a new job? Mullen's decision making is always dumb and selfish. I wouldn't rule out Stricklin getting axed yet. I still think there's a good chance Mullen"mutually" agrees on a buyout and leaves. He is a very poor decision maker but he definitely can see the impossible uphill battle in front of him.

Regardless of the timing, he didn’t volunteer to fire either guy. He was advised to.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
IF he's staying (and I don't think he is), then this would at least be a good PR move to show his commitment to the program and an acknowledgment of accountability on his part.

I just don't see Mullen agreeing to it--this is a guy who invented non-existant NFL rumors to shake down the program for more money when he was already towards the top of the college football (despite having phuck-all to show for it). Doesn't seem like the type to voluntarily step backwards.

I don't think he'd volunteer to take a pay cut, but what Frost & Harbaugh did showed they actually still wanted to coach at their schools so they agreed to take the pay cuts. Mullen likely has no intention of staying here much longer than a year or two (if he's not fired), so to him it's another guaranteed $19.6 million if he stays one more year or $27.2 million if he can squeeze in 2023. Otherwise, I think he'd tell SS to f*ck off and walk w/ the $12 million. But yes....he should renegotiate his contract - if he were serious about staying at UF.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Why would he renegotiate his contract? Who here would renegotiate their contract for a lower amount with your employer?

A better question, would anybody really care if he coached the next 3 seasons for free? I know I wouldn't. As I've repeated several times, his compensation--while grossly out of whack--has no bearing on my view of the situation, and shouldn't really impact anyone else's either. I don't care what he's being paid. He's failing at his job and not delivering what he stated he would from the beginning. That's it. The contract, good or bad, is irrelevant. He shouldn't be here and is done.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A better question, would anybody really care if he coached the next 3 seasons for free?.
yeah it's not for free. it costs empty seats in the stadium, tens of millions of lost revenue, games lost, and recruits who won't touch this place (and shouldnt).

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
I'm so tired of hearing him say the Gators Standard!! I agree with the not caring about him coaching for free, he should just hit the road and let us move on! He thinks that if he says Gators Standard "comparing it to HIS idea of that Standard" enough times people will start taking his standards as true and forgetting what The Gators Standards actually really are! Stricklin, Fuchs and Mulligan need to Go clean sweep top to bottom!! If we're going to have to really rebuild our program as it looks like we will, well then we should just totally do a full remodel from floor to ceiling! We have an opportunity to make a big clean sweep that could set U.F. up very nicely for the future but it will probably go on with no change and leave all of us wanting to do or atleast think about doing bad things to the 3 stooges!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He should negotiate it down to zero dollars for zero more years. Probably best case scenario for us

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I was thinking about this last night after reading the Frost is staying at Nebraska thread.

MuLLLLLen just got a nice raise last year, despite the defensive issues. It seemed to be a raise based upon future expectations, which have obviously not panned out. He's constantly talking about the Gator standard. I think he should step up and rework his deal to show he's serious about that. He should give back the raise and then some, and also rework his buyout number.

Both Scott Frost and Jim Harbaugh took pay cuts to stay. Granted, both of them are coaching at their respective alma maters. But MuLLLLLen claims to be a Gator, so he should do the same.

What do you think guys?

I think the idea that Mullen would ever consider doing this to be hilariously wishful thinking.

That bozo is trying his best to get fired without cause so he gets his $12m buyout. There’s no way in hell this clown gives up so much as a single penny of his salary.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Yeah but he’s not that old, and the reality is setting in that he’ll never make this kind of money again as he’s clearly not a P5 coach. That’s if he’s even employed again ever after this toxic divorce. Also hear Megs lives on QVC. Lots of wasteful spending going which is why they’re really not in that good of shape right now. Every penny counts.
Not when you have a minimum of 30 million banked. With that kind of cabbage he definitely isn’t packing his wife’s skidmarked stained granny underwear or lifting any armoires.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think the idea that Mullen would ever consider doing this to be hilariously wishful thinking.

That bozo is trying his best to get fired without cause so he gets his $12m buyout. There’s no way in hell this clown gives up so much as a single penny of his salary.

Nor his agent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator