Shout out to our O line

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I rewatched the game and I have to give our Oline alot of credit. Their D front was doing everything in their power to be disruptive and our young guys did a darned decent job. They have alot of work in front of them and with more recruiting will be fine. I just felt they deserved a shout out.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Agreed. These guys will be badazz in a few years. Right now it is trial by fire.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The O line were the unsung heros of that game. They had a hell of a second half and were really stout on that last drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They're gonna get whipped from time to time because they're young and inexperienced, but I like what I'm seeing from them so far. Still need to gel as a run blocking unit, but you can tell they're getting better.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Team effort. OL, DL, QB, WRs, etc..

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Summers is doing a heck of a job with what he has.

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Summers is earning his paycheck that's for sure. You couldn't ask much more from these guys yesterday. Yes they got beat from time to time but that's gonna happen. They held up well late in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Got to feel good about the OL and how it is coming along. On that final play, Grier had a wall in front of him. As for Summers; can't say enough about him.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Coach Mac has said these guys are coachable. Ingredient one. And you have to have talent. Ingredient two. Add in good coaching. Ingredient three.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
OL still terrible but we knew that coming in. We try to hide them with short passes and outside runs but we are getting as much as we can expect from a line that often has three freshmen playing. Summers is doing a great job, undoubtedly simplifying. If we have some luck with injuries maybe we can continue scoring just enough.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep since Summers got here we dont have free D linemen racing to the QB untouched that often and this year they are holding their own pretty good in pass protection but could get a better push for the run game. Ole Miss will be a huge test however with the D linemen they have.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
OL still terrible but we knew that coming in. We try to hide them with short passes and outside runs but we are getting as much as we can expect from a line that often has three freshmen playing.
This is what I like about Mac. He is doing what it takes to win and give his team confidence. (unlike trying to run a spread offense with a pocket passer) He aint trying to make a race horse pull a plow.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah they played pretty good. We really need to get that running game going though so it opens up some passing lanes too. Go Gators!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.