Signed LOI: Welcome 4* WR Rick Wells

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Glad he stuck. He's been under the radar since he committed so long ago. Glad to have him...hell, I'm glad to have ANY WR that wants to play in our offense!

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I need someone to get me excited about him. I think he was a big part in landing Cleavland so that's a huge deal but I've yet to see something that leads me to believe he's gonna be a contributor.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I need someone to get me excited about him. I think he was a big part in landing Cleavland so that's a huge deal but I've yet to see something that leads me to believe he's gonna be a contributor.

He had a huge senior year. One of the best in the state.

Here's some tape on his senior season. We have a couple Gator chomps as well.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He seems like a physical guy especially in his pic next to Cleveland. Not blazing speed but enough to get it done. Saw somewhere that somebody said he reminds him of the USC receivers from a few years ago (Lee and can't remember the other). I kinda agree

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He seems like a physical guy especially in his pic next to Cleveland. Not blazing speed but enough to get it done. Saw somewhere that somebody said he reminds him of the USC receivers from a few years ago (Lee and can't remember the other). I kinda agree
Physical was my first thought too.

I'd much rather have a guy like that or a small TE/hybrid playing the slot than a smurf. The smurfs break too much when a LB blasts them after a crossing route.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Physical was my first thought too.

I'd much rather have a guy like that or a small TE/hybrid playing the slot than a smurf. The smurfs break too much when a LB blasts them after a crossing route.

:fistbump:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For some reason I thought Wells was a bit of a shorty. He looks plenty tall out there compared to others on the field. Seems like he's got pretty good vision on those sweeps and WR screens too.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

The problem w/ him is he committed early. Happens w/ all of the early commits - you forget about them....all you hear about are the uncommitted players. If he waited until signing day to announce UF we'd have all been doing back flips about landing a talented 4-star WR.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Not trying to knock him or any others. I have to confess to being ignorant on most of the recruits till I see evaluations from guys who actually watch film on them and not just the highlights. It just seemed there was more info available on all the other WR so it leaves me with out any strong feelings about his ability to contribute either way

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator