"Slimmed down" (250lbs) CeCe Jefferson back to full-time DE?

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah and the arent just 300 pounders they are generally 300 poundees in incredible shape.

It too remember when a 250pound end WASNT undersided but those 250 pound ends played against 260 pound offensive linemen..... in the 70s.

No amount of recalling the olden days is going to keep Bammer, uga, and every other SEC team not named Kintucky or Vandy from fielding OL full of 310 pound maulers.
Yes, and it's amazing how many are out there. It's a mind blower. It makes me think of the OL kid we missed that was committed to Bama. He was is broad as a Mack truck and looks about 35 years old.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I personally think it was a must that he play some DT this year but I guess we can forget that. There's nothing worse than watching your team get gutted up the middle. I hope the coaches know something we don't.

They can slide him inside on obvious passing downs but they need bigger bodies in the base defense. I think the rotation at DT should be fine.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah and the arent just 300 pounders they are generally 300 poundees in incredible shape.

It too remember when a 250pound end WASNT undersided but those 250 pound ends played against 260 pound offensive linemen..... in the 70s.

No amount of recalling the olden days is going to keep Bammer, uga, and every other SEC team not named Kintucky or Vandy from fielding OL full of 310 pound maulers.

Shariff, Easley , Marcus Thomas all played well
For us as true freshmen DT. Polite did a good job there too getting some snaps a year ago. Obviously it isn't ideal, but in expecting at least one of the three we signed to work
Into the rotation.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Shariff, Easley , Marcus Thomas all played well
For us as true freshmen DT.
Dude, I'm not talking about 5 or 6 snaps per game in 3 or 4 games. As soon as one of the big eaters twists an ankle we are going to have a true freshman playing the whole damn game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.