So Who Wins the Heisman?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well regardless of who gets selected, they should have been playing linebacker... or safety.
/chimp

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well regardless of who gets selected, they should have been playing linebacker... or safety.
/chimp
You know, you make a joke of this now but I specifically remember you saying Henry would never make a good RB due to his height and how he runs. I guess now the thing for you to do is point at Chimp.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ed McCaffery, Fred Taylor, Barry Sanders, and Bryan Cox all have sons playing college football right now (coincidentally all for UF or Stanford). Damn I'm old. But yeah, this McCaffery kid is the real deal. Wish he could get a good amount of Heisman votes, but he plays on the West Coast (cue NV).

:backout:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know, you make a joke of this now but I specifically remember you saying Henry would never make a good RB due to his height and how he runs. I guess now the thing for you to do is point at Chimp.
Yeah, maybe. I dont recall. Im a bandwagon guy and our guy was Taylor. I remember being afraid Chimp was going to run off Taylor as he did Davis and Henry.

Im also not a professional being paid to measure them, watch film, interview and their coaches, etc. I get to watch youtube videos of bits of HS broadcasts. Obviously by adding safety is was expanding it a bit to the rest of the field, not just a Henry xomment.

Henry actually seems to be the best of the Bama backs in my mind as far as picking up blocks and having decent hands. RBs dont last long in the Nfl, so who knows how it will work for him.

As for Chimp and Henry, if you have a 5 star kid who wants to attend your school, I think you have to at least try them at that position. Sometimes you will find that the guys that look more like a TE than a QB (Tebow) or the guy who runs too upright can actually plan quite well at their preferred position.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Henry is just a gynormous straight-ahead, battering ram. It's questionable, at best, how he'll do in the NFL with bigger defenders.

He's the same player as Brandon Jacobs was for the NY Giants. Will be a player but will probably be 1 of a 2 back system bc he has no quickness or agility. Just a straight line power runner. Serviceable NFL player, nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Deshaun is gonna win it. Anybody can run behind bama's oline

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The argument against Reynolds doesn't hold up. Eric Crouch won it and his stats were awful. Also, Reynolds being a product of the system is a stupid argument. Henry is a product of the Bama o line. No RB should win it for Bama because of their o line.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Like most here, McCafferey deserves is, but Henry will win it for the wrong reasons. (Would love to be proven wrong when they announce) Not saying Henry isn't a good player because he is and deserved to be considered for it. But to me, the Heisman is that one player on your team, that without them, you are not in the winning position you are in. Henry is good, but most descent backs would have thrived in Bama's O... without McCafferey, Stanford doesn't win some of those games. He meant way more to that team. And from what I have seen of him on TV, seems like a good kid, which as pointed out by Cap, is a quality the Heisman is supposed to exemplify.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LIke most here I think McCaffrey should win it, but Henry will win it. The media hyped up the LSU vs Bama game so much that the winner of that games rb was more than likely gonna win the heisman. Henry is deserving (beat Herschel's record with less carries), but McCaffrey is more deserving imo. He was Stanford this year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The argument against Reynolds doesn't hold up. Eric Crouch won it and his stats were awful. Also, Reynolds being a product of the system is a stupid argument. Henry is a product of the Bama o line. No RB should win it for Bama because of their o line.

I think Reynolds lost in the game against Houston, Higher profile game and they were quite lackluster. Crouch won it due to the play where he caught and ran it in for a touchdown. Highlights sometimes win Heisman's ask Flutie vs Miami.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Couldn't agree with you more, uf.

Playing out west has hurt his chances since most of us are sleeping it off by the time his games are in full throttle. He also didn't have the PR machine working for him si ce he kind of snuck up as a Sophomore.

Henry has performed as advertised but McAffrey has superior skills, save straight-ahead scrums.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Dobbs was supposed to win it with that dynamic SEC Winning Tennesse team this year? That came true right?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's the same player as Brandon Jacobs was for the NY Giants. Will be a player but will probably be 1 of a 2 back system bc he has no quickness or agility. Just a straight line power runner. Serviceable NFL player, nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he will be a better version of Brandon Jacobs. And Brandon Jacobs was a beast.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bama RB's are not studs in the NFL. Some are respectable, but they are not stars in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator