Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
One side of me says that we don't but I'm simply basing that on the performance that I saw down the stretch. That being said I could see where some better talent was actually buried behind less talented upperclassmen by the last staff. At least I am hoping that was the case. I am also hoping some of the transfers of the last 2 years get proper coaching and develop into SEC starter quality types.

Samford played us tough? We were a team that almost beat Bama...What was different? Mullen lost the team.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Being unemployed and being interested in being employed in Gainesville aren’t necessarily connecting dots.

With multiple sources reporting it they it was common knowledge, kind of hard to say other wise. I'm not saying it as a knock on Napier, but the Atheletic Association has been famously cheap and lazy in the last few decades.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Samford played us tough? We were a team that almost beat Bama...What was different? Mullen lost the team.

Also Saban with a completely rebuilt offseason tends to usually come out slow in the first SEC road game.... most of his upsets to SEC opponents are in those types of situations. The stars aligned for an upset, we didn't have the coaching on the field to take the gift. It's not like Todd Grantham suddenly stopped being Todd Grantham.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
With multiple sources reporting it they it was common knowledge, kind of hard to say other wise. I'm not saying it as a knock on Napier, but the Atheletic Association has been famously cheap and lazy in the last few decades.

The linked story simply threw out the two big names as if they were interested in the Florida opening without any sort of corroborating information. We can’t assume Riley or Kelly even gave a crap about the UF opening let alone talked to anyone of importance about it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The linked story simply threw out the two big names as if they were interested in the Florida opening without any sort of corroborating information. We can’t assume Riley or Kelly even gave a crap about the UF opening let alone talked to anyone of importance about it.
Report: Florida was told Riley, Kelly could move after firing Mullen - Alligator Army

And given that Jacksonville television reporter Mia O’Brien had previously reported that “Kelly’s people called the Gators,” the really interesting detail here is that Riley, too, was floated to Florida.

Both coaches are represented by Trace Armstrong... there were multiple stories about this...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
“So what we have confirmed as pertains to Florida is really just the tidbit as it is: Florida was told — most likely by Armstrong — that Riley and Kelly could potentially move.”

That’s all it was.

I'm not saying interest, but they were looking... due diligence is on the Athletic Association and Stricklin...

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Gus, Kiffin and Kelley.....

Problem is, what have any of those guys done?

Gus had some nice wins and decent seasons at AU but he’s not a program builder. Kiffin is a gifted OC and is probably improving as a HC but not a great track record. Kelly couldn’t do it at ND. He had some nice seasons - only to get tossed around like a rag doll by Bama. No thanks. We’ve had that a few times.

Riley would be the one to really wonder “what if?” We’ll see how he does at USC. If he’s not in the playoffs going toe to toe with the SEC powers, he’s not the guy.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
“So what we have confirmed as pertains to Florida is really just the tidbit as it is: Florida was told — most likely by Armstrong — that Riley and Kelly could potentially move.”

That’s all it was.
Let’s not forget the rumors about Gundy, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator