South Carolina coach Will Muschamp laments a big ‘mistake’ at Florida

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is comic gold!! ("It's Gold, Jerry! GOLD!")

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...ill-muschamp-laments-a-big-mistake-at-florida

South Carolina coach Will Muschamp addressed one of his major shortcomings during a four-year tenure at Florida, and it’s something he vows he won’t do again with the Gamecocks.

In an interview with Gridiron Now’s Tony Barnhart, Muschamp admitted that one of his biggest regrets during his time in Gainesville, Fla., was altering the offensive scheme previously used under Urban Meyer.

“I probably made a mistake at Florida trying to change schematically from what they had done before,” Muschamp told Barnhart. “As a result, we ended up not being very good at anything. These days you just don’t have time to make a lot of changes. You have to adapt to what your kids can do.”

The Gators never finished better than 96th nationally in total offense (in 2014) during Muschamp’s tenure — South Carolina offensive coordinator Kurt Roper held that same title under Muschamp that season — and they finished as low as 115th in 2013.

Muschamp and Roper already have some adapting to do at the most important position on the field. The Gamecocks are in the midst of a wide-open spring quarterback competition that continues to develop by the day.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
picard-facepalm.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He must've said, "I'll get it fixed." ??

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was channel surfing Saturday morning and The Chump was being interviewed on SEC Now. When Dari Nowkhah asked him about his time as UF head coach and, if he learned anything, it looked like someone shoved a HUGE corn cob up his butt. He got visibly annoyed at the question. He has learned NOTHING.

I find it funny that he made the claim if he hired Kurt Roper earlier in his UF career he would still be the head coach at UF. I guess he does not understand that with Roper as OC the team finished 115 in total offense...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How about he learned not to have 3 different OC's with three different offensive philosophies. Because by the time Roper took over, he had the island of misfit toys as offensive players.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I was channel surfing Saturday morning and The Chump was being interviewed on SEC Now. When Dari Nowkhah asked him about his time as UF head coach and, if he learned anything, it looked like someone shoved a HUGE corn cob up his butt. He got visibly annoyed at the question. He has learned NOTHING.

I find it funny that he made the claim if he hired Kurt Roper earlier in his UF career he would still be the head coach at UF. I guess he does not understand that with Roper as OC the team finished 115 in total offense...

We never had a total offense.??

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
What a good coach... I am sure he will be successful at USC!

:drunk:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I guess he does not understand that with Roper as PUPPET the team finished 115 in total offense...

FIFY. Absolutely no way chump stayed out of roper's business. Or pease's. He probably even told weiss how to do his job, which would explain why he was desperate enough to accept the kansas job.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FIFY. Absolutely no way chump stayed out of roper's business. Or pease's. He probably even told weiss how to do his job, which would explain why he was desperate enough to accept the kansas job.

Or Muschamp hired $hitty OC's... Other than when Pease was running Harsin's system did he accomplish an offense ranked better than 80? Roper had never really been an OC before he split the job and was under Cutcliffe at Duke. Weiss was looking for his next stop once he got here. Muschamp was bad at evaluating Offensive Talent even Offensive Coaching Talent.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
For players' nutritional advisories, Chumpsturd Fire has persuaded USC to bring in some
experts from GNC.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The Chump doesn't get it is his philosophy of the offense exists to protect the defense that is so erroneous. At Auburn be complained about Malzahn's offense so Malzahn slowed it down. That turned out real well. Malzahn immediately went back to what he did best after The Chump left. He's like an unpredictable parent, blowing up when you least expect it. We saw that at UF and he did it at Auburn. He creates these toxic locker room environments. He doesn't hire good assistants. The list goes on and on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator