Spring Practice thread: Report: OT Noah Banks has been cleared to play

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I don't know who else he'd be working with. The TEs generally all work with receivers for receiving drills then with OL for blocking drills. Splitting time depending on how the schedule is.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Quarterbacks

Feleipe Franks is the starter

Emory Jones worked with the second team [Says he is inconsistent throwing]

Jalon Jones looked fine... almost assuredly redshirt this season given the depth.

Running backs
Malik Davis (broken foot) looked really good and fluid

Receivers
Jacob Copeland was absent--hamstring strain.
Kyle Pitts was working with the receivers.

Tight ends
Lucas Krull looked good today. it took him some time to adjust

Linebacker
Burney at linebacker next to David Reese. He’s really put on good size

Cornerbacks
Marco Wilson (knee) and Jaydon Hill (knee) are both limited this spring. That’s giving Chris Steele a great opportunity to prove himself. Steele more than held his own.

Safety
Taylor and Stiner were starting safeties. Shawn Davis absent. John Huggins had a good day Tuesday.

Last edited:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I don't know who else he'd be working with. The TEs generally all work with receivers for receiving drills then with OL for blocking drills. Splitting time depending on how the schedule is.
He’s not a TE though, they’re just noting his switch to WR

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Safety
Right now Jeawon Taylor and Donovan Stiner were the starting safeties. Shawn Davis was absent from practice. John Huggins had a good day Tuesday.

This is the most concerning sentence. Also no mention of Stewart and he ended last year with some suspensions. Hope all is ok there. Anyone spot him in the videos?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is the most concerning sentence.
You know.... Im not even going to think about it.

Either they fix it or it takes care of itself and the safety coach gets fired. I'm cool with either. Tired of bytching about it.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
You know.... Im not even going to think about it.

Either they fix it or it takes care of itself and the safety coach gets fired. I'm cool with either. Tired of bytching about it.
Your forbearance is noted and genuinely respected. I'm trying to exercise some myself on the subject of MW and his "performance" as the BB HC. Incidentally, I agree that the problem at safety will resolve itself eventually - one way or the other.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
This is the most concerning sentence. Also no mention of Stewart and he ended last year with some suspensions. Hope all is ok there. Anyone spot him in the videos?
Think it’s more a keeping him grounded kind of thing. Not just handing stew the 1 spot with all his issues last year. But just like Swonkey said if English wants to bargain with his job like this by all means none of us will get in his way

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Think it’s more a keeping him grounded kind of thing. Not just handing stew the 1 spot with all his issues last year. But just like Swonkey said if English wants to bargain with his job like this by all means none of us will get in his way
I don't think Mullin will tolerate it and the answer is already on staff. We are good.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I don't think Mullin will tolerate it and the answer is already on staff. We are good.
And truth be told if they want to make Gray Secondary coach and Ratliff “nickel coach” or some bs random position I’d be fine with that too just to get him on field experience and be able to go out and recruit.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Amari Burney: good coverage skills and LB in the same sentence. Nice.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not to incite a certain poster, but Diabate looks the same size as our freshmen cornerbacks.
We don't need him to play now. We can wait on him. He is definitely about 200 but we knew that all along.

0028149-ljqj-1440X1440.jpg

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
He was 208lbs at the recent all-star game he played in in January.
Yeah he was 215 last time his 247 page was updated but who knows if that’s accurate. He has all spring and summer and early fall to gain weight. Could be used sparingly this season but he’s not necessarily needed with Greenard coming in

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator