Spring Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n198343 said:
Im fairly certain shultz and nrtcze are the same person. nrtze was too obnoxious to survive here so he changed his name and now hes being more subtle about it. But take a look at the writing style, its the same. A clown who attempts to pretend he's a gator (poorly) while insulting gators and slobbin on clown knob; has a passive agressive tone, writes in paraghaph/analytical (poorly again) styling and when he does "compliment" florida its backhanded or only as it compares to his glorious suckholes.

Clowns gonna clown :nole:

Yup. It's him. The same troll semi.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
On his second post as Shultz I had a feeling he was trolling...

on post #19 below.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess Harris has missed a few practices due to a death in the family.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;199436 said:
I guess Harris has missed a few practices due to a death in the family.

Think a 16-year-old cousin was murdered. I don't think there's a timetable for him to return right now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Goldkamp: McElwain said OL is "trying their tails off for the lack of numbers there." Said you have to play the hand you're dealt, and "right now, quite honestly, the hand we were dealt is really insufficient in some areas ... but you've got to make the best of it."

Summers said Riles moving to OL has been like putting flower seeds in a pot and watching it grow. "Now I'm starting to see a little bud of a flower coming. It was awkward at first for him to come over."

Summers said Mike has definitely got the size that they're looking for. Just has to grow in experience, needs the scrimmage turns and exposure to all the different things.

Summers calls Travaris Dorsey "a pleasant surprise." He said the young linemen, it's really a struggle coaching because you want to teach fundamentals and technique, but you also have to teach them assignments. It's a lot coming together at one time, and they've got to figure out how to sort through all that. Dorsey was struggling with that at first but has done a much better job in the second week here.

Summers jokes that when they moved Garcia to center last spring, "we spent all spring chasing the ball all over the field." Said Dillard has really adjusted well and controlled the offense. Antonio Riles has also worked some at center, Summers said. At some point, he said he's sure he'll throw in his graduate assistant because of the numbers.

Taven Bryan brings a lot of energy to the defense, got a caveman approach to it. Very athletic for a big guy. Football IQ is very low because he hasn't played much football. But he could be just as good as anyone who's come from Wyoming. Everything is just new to him. "I've got him on Gerber, baby food ... once he cuts them teeth we'll give him food off the table.

https://florida.247sports.com/Board/1...media-36441950

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;199448 said:
Goldkamp: Summers jokes that when they moved Garcia to center last spring, "we spent all spring chasing the ball all over the field." Said Dillard has really adjusted well and controlled the offense. Antonio Riles has also worked some at center, Summers said. At some point, he said he's sure he'll throw in his graduate assistant because of the numbers.

Taven Bryan brings a lot of energy to the defense, got a caveman approach to it. Very athletic for a big guy. Football IQ is very low because he hasn't played much football. But he could be just as good as anyone who's come from Wyoming. Everything is just new to him. "I've got him on Gerber, baby food ... once he cuts them teeth we'll give him food off the table."

Remember the picture of him riding the alligator on his visit?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;199468 said:
Not really.

I think he was a 2 star when he committed. Then he got bumped up. He was recruited cause he had a crazy motor and was incredibly raw.

Bryan_Taven_Gator_Statue_Florida_Gator_Football-470-wplok.jpg

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n199442 said:
Think a 16-year-old cousin was murdered. I don't think there's a timetable for him to return right now.

Yes very bad and sad. Missing time might put him behind but during the summer both or more QB's need to lead informal practices to improve. This is very critical in my opinion.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;199497 said:
Yes very bad and sad. Missing time might put him behind but during the summer both or more QB's need to lead informal practices to improve. This is very critical in my opinion.

I agree. This could put us behind the eight ball on the competitive environment

Sgt. Schultz

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2015
I'm amazed that anyone pays attention to what coaches say. They all say the same thing at every school, only the names are changed. How do you know when they are lying? When their mouth moves. You'll always hear about how great everyone is, from the starters to the fourth string long snapper. Do you ever hear them say something like " That receiver couldn't catch a cold." We know there are a few that fit the bill on UF's roster right now from their track record. How about being told that Andre Debose was the next Percy Harvin? As a sixth year Senior he caught one pass for minus three yards! Now we hear McElwain is looking for a nine receiver rotation. How about one receiver that's consistent? Even Robinson vanished at times last year. The only thing I pay attention to is when coaches mention someone's name, not because of the praise they'll give the player, they do that regardless. No, I listen to the names mentioned because they are probably the ones that are going to see the field. I'll have to wait until a real game to see how good they are, because you won't learn that from the coaches. Of interest to me this Spring is hearing who is mentioned on defense because, if Collins uses the same approach he had at MSU, it won't matter who the starters are because there are going to a lot of guys playing because he seems to place a premium on guys being fresh and rested. But hearing what Summers has to say about the offensive linemen is boring. What else is going to say, and who's he going to talk about. It is what it is, and UF's offensive line coming out of Spring is going to be the one that starts in the Fall. Thurman's career is over. Rest is not going to do anything for a lame shoulder, and now is the time he's needed to provide leadership to a very inexperienced line. The incoming freshmen? How often do you see a true freshman start on the offensive line? I know about Robinson at Alabama and Tunsil at Ole Miss, but they are rare exceptions. Ivey? Maybe, but I doubt it unless he eats a lot of cheeseburgers over the Summer. Let me know when a coach or player says something you can believe, then I'll pay attention. One of my all-time favorites is when Hargreaves informed us lat year that Jeff Driskel was the best quarterback in America.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sgt. Schultz;199516 said:
I'm amazed that anyone pays attention to what coaches say. They all say the same thing at every school, only the names are changed. How do you know when they are lying? When their mouth moves. You'll always hear about how great everyone is, from the starters to the fourth string long snapper. Do you ever hear them say something like " That receiver couldn't catch a cold." We know there are a few that fit the bill on UF's roster right now from their track record. How about being told that Andre Debose was the next Percy Harvin? As a sixth year Senior he caught one pass for minus three yards! Now we hear McElwain is looking for a nine receiver rotation. How about one receiver that's consistent? Even Robinson vanished at times last year. The only thing I pay attention to is when coaches mention someone's name, not because of the praise they'll give the player, they do that regardless. No, I listen to the names mentioned because they are probably the ones that are going to see the field. I'll have to wait until a real game to see how good they are, because you won't learn that from the coaches. Of interest to me this Spring is hearing who is mentioned on defense because, if Collins uses the same approach he had at MSU, it won't matter who the starters are because there are going to a lot of guys playing because he seems to place a premium on guys being fresh and rested. But hearing what Summers has to say about the offensive linemen is boring. What else is going to say, and who's he going to talk about. It is what it is, and UF's offensive line coming out of Spring is going to be the one that starts in the Fall. Thurman's career is over. Rest is not going to do anything for a lame shoulder, and now is the time he's needed to provide leadership to a very inexperienced line. The incoming freshmen? How often do you see a true freshman start on the offensive line? I know about Robinson at Alabama and Tunsil at Ole Miss, but they are rare exceptions. Ivey? Maybe, but I doubt it unless he eats a lot of cheeseburgers over the Summer. Let me know when a coach or player says something you can believe, then I'll pay attention. One of my all-time favorites is when Hargreaves informed us lat year that Jeff Driskel was the best quarterback in America.

Tldr

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sgt. Schultz;n199516 said:

What a sunshine pumper :pumper:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The coaches were really raving about taven Bryan today. Apparently he's working with the first team. Doesn't look he'll be playing offense anytime soon lol

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sgt. Schultz;n199516 said:
I'm amazed that anyone pays attention to what coaches say.... They all say the same thing at every school, only the names are changed. How do you know when they are lying? When their mouth moves. You'll always hear about how great everyone is, from the starters to the fourth string long snapper. Do you ever hear them say something like " That receiver couldn't catch a cold." We know there are a few that fit the bill on UF's roster right now from their track record. How about being told that Andre Debose was the next Percy Harvin? As a sixth year Senior he caught one pass for minus three yards! Now we hear McElwain is looking for a nine receiver rotation. How about one receiver that's consistent? Even Robinson vanished at times last year. The only thing I pay attention to is when coaches mention someone's name, not because of the praise they'll give the player, they do that regardless. No, I listen to the names mentioned because they are probably the ones that are going to see the field. I'll have to wait until a real game to see how good they are, because you won't learn that from the coaches. Of interest to me this Spring is hearing who is mentioned on defense because, if Collins uses the same approach he had at MSU, it won't matter who the starters are because there are going to a lot of guys playing because he seems to place a premium on guys being fresh and rested. But hearing what Summers has to say about the offensive linemen is boring. What else is going to say, and who's he going to talk about. It is what it is, and UF's offensive line coming out of Spring is going to be the one that starts in the Fall. Thurman's career is over. Rest is not going to do anything for a lame shoulder, and now is the time he's needed to provide leadership to a very inexperienced line. The incoming freshmen? How often do you see a true freshman start on the offensive line? I know about Robinson at Alabama and Tunsil at Ole Miss, but they are rare exceptions. Ivey? Maybe, but I doubt it unless he eats a lot of cheeseburgers over the Summer. Let me know when a coach or player says something you can believe, then I'll pay attention. One of my all-time favorites is when Hargreaves informed us lat year that Jeff Driskel was the best quarterback in America.

I'm amazed anyone could read that garbage. Ever hear of a paragraph? I took one look at your random spattering of words and didn't get past the first sentence. What a waist of time, you troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.