Spurrier Presser at 4:30

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently there is a very hastily called presser slated for 4:30 in Columbia. Only reason for the mention is one of these times it will be for the HBC to hang it up, who knows what he has up his sleeve here.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hope he didn't get caught with his 3rd pot. :worried:

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe he's going to say he's going to kick Will Muschamp's ass for running the program that he built up into the ground in 4 years.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Seems SOS is a tad pissed at some writers questioning his age. A rejuvenated and pissed off SOS is not a good thing for the rest of the SEC.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What was the presser about?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
gardnerwebbgator;n250412 said:
Seems SOS is a tad pissed at some writers questioning his age. A rejuvenated and pissed off SOS is not a good thing for the rest of the SEC.

Yep - I'm listening to 107 "The Game" in Columbia and they are getting updates while on the air (why they aren't streaming it I don't know).
By the way - lots of "Official (insert business type here) of the Gamecocks" commercials.

They are saying he has taken offense to the media and their comments.
Also - apparently Paul Finebaum is a d!ck.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This was for the locals and some a hole ATL writer that maybe missed the car wash that he wasn t retiring for 5 years or more.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A bunch of recruits are coming in this weekend or next, probably had something to do with it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
bunch of dwags trying to spread rumors so they get SCs recruits. bulldwags disgust me, totaly d1ckwads.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;250436 said:
bunch of dwags trying to spread rumors so they get SCs recruits. bulldwags disgust me, totaly d1ckwads.

You know who was a dwag?.,,

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"Now that we are 7-6, some of our enemies out there want to make you think Spurrier is getting old and can't do it anymore," said Spurrier.
"They'll try to convince our people that our 7-6 is not as good as some other school's 7-6. They'll try to do that. But we've got to understand that we've got some enemies out there."
The Head Ball Coach also brought up a quote from one of the most feared rulers of the Hunnic Empire.
"As most of you know, I'm a big believer in Attila the Hun's book. He said it very simply – 'It's a simple truth that the greater your accomplishments, your victories, the greater opposition, torment and discouragement your enemies will throw in your path. Expect it and don't become a victim of it. Expect it,' " said Spurrier.
"So I'm telling our fans, expect those people that are our enemies to talk bad about us, we finally won enough games, although it wasn't all that much last year. We finally won enough that they're trying to convince us that my age has something to do with it and I can't coach anymore."
Spurrier addressed the subject of his future at last week's SEC Media Days. The closest Spurrier came to naming one of the "enemies" mentioning an Atlanta-based sportswriter who covers the Georgia Bulldogs had written a story that reflected negatively on him and the program.
Atlanta Journal-Constitution writer Mark Bradley recently wrote a story which ended by saying "Maybe he'll make it to a 24th round of Media Days. I'd be surprised if he hits 25."
Clearly, Spurrier was ready to push back on the notion that he is no longer able to coach at a high level.
"Age is just a number as we all know," he said.
"Your mental and physical fitness determines your ability to function in your job."
Spurrier added that team physican Dr Jeffery Guy told the coach he had the physical and mental make-up of a 55-year-old man.
No doubt Spurrier attributes that to his daily workout regimen and a burning desire to continue coaching.
That job will continue when there will be a host of big-name prospects on campus for Carolina's recruiting weekend. No doubt, Spurrier wanted his message to be heard loud and clear by those young men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator