MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;n250517 said:
Not to me. I draw my own conclusions.

Best of luck SOS. Kick some ass on the field. I'll be pulling for you, except for one game.

I still say it was dumb and done purely out of emotion. It's the type of thing I would've expected out of WM...not SOS. He should have just released a notice saying he's not going anywhere and it's just his rivals wishinful thinking or something along those lines. Instead, it came across as a foolish rant. He's better than that...or at least he used to be.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n250524 said:
I still say it was dumb and done purely out of emotion. It's the type of thing I would've expected out of WM...not SOS. He should have just released a notice saying he's not going anywhere and it's just his rivals wishinful thinking or something along those lines. Instead, it came across as a foolish rant. He's better than that...or at least he used to be.
I'll give you out of emotion, but that is Spurrier! Thank goodness for it too!

There is something to be said for a person who speaks his mind vs peeing on you and telling you its rain. I'll take the MAN who says its piss any day of the week.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;n250545 said:
I'll give you out of emotion, but that is Spurrier! Thank goodness for it too!

There is something to be said for a person who speaks his mind vs peeing on you and telling you its rain. I'll take the MAN who says its piss any day of the week.

The majority of the nation will think he's acting childish. Don't get me wrong, I love SOS, but he was silly in this instance.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n250553 said:
The majority of the nation will think he's acting childish. Don't get me wrong, I love SOS, but he was silly in this instance.
By most objective measures, the majority of the nation are idiots.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone would find any of today's antics surprising because?

People complained to her. He was insufferable, boorish, rude, insulting. She'd shrug, like any long-suffering mother. She was used to it. The tantrums, the self-pity, the selfishness. What could she do? That's the way he is, she'd say, and then add, "Steve's a brat."
Webster's dictionary defines "brat" as "an annoying, spoiled or impolite child." He demands the biggest scoop of ice cream, and his eyes dart to his siblings' scoops to make sure he got it. He has to be the first in line for the roller coaster, pushing and shoving his way to the front if necessary. He always has to win in kickball, and if he doesn't get what he wants, he takes his ball and goes home. He can never be denied anything.

If his mother refuses to buy him a toy, he flings himself on the floor, wailing and kicking, mortifying his mother among the other mothers at the store. (He himself is never mortified, since he has no shame.) If his screeching doesn't work, he goes silent, holding his breath until he turns blue and his mother, frantic now, gives in to his tantrum before he faints. His secret. Threats elicit fear, which gets him what he wants. Fear keeps his mother in line, and when he grows up, he expects the same behavior will keep everyone else in line, too.

So, his wife would say, "Steve's a brat," which is an odd word for a wife to use to describe her husband. Unless you know the husband.

https://www.sportsonearth.com/article/62295900/

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Careful there, that kinda talk got Lyndsey Graham lit up last week.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's all about the recruits coming on to campus over the weekend. Bradley is a media tool like Dooley, Andreu, etc. Let Bradley and his ilk, like that aging old **** Barnhardt, at the Urinal-Constipation all babble after the HBC strolls into Athens and beats UGA yet again.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n250564 said:
Good response. Even keeled and I don't know how what he wrote was so awful.

I expected Bradley to go nuts, but he took the high road.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I kinda agree with MJM, would have been a lot better if he had just made a quippy remark, ala spurrier style, about the whole thing next time he was on tv or being interviewed.

"yep, I heard a couple of them boys from jawja said I couldn't coach any longer, guess they didnt stick around long enough last year to see the scoreboard at the end of the game..."

Maybe he is starting to lose his touch?

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Classic motivational strategy--it's that time of the year. Steve's been doing it for years, albeit not quite to this level of response. Perhaps he feels backed into a corner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.