Stricklin discusses $100 million plan for UF athletics

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounded like a nice measured response to a reasonable question. Maybe a little too PC but that's the way the World is these days.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder what the reaction would be if Stricklin had said something like the following:

"My number one goal is to lead the University of Florida to a national championship in football. Make no mistake about it.We are going to kick Alabama's ass and grab Nick Saban by the you know what. That's why you take a job at a place like Florida which has the alumni base, the resources, and the pool of athletes to win a national football championship. I loved my time as the athletic director at Mississippi State, my alma mater, and we enjoyed great success in elevating the facilities and the athletic program in Starkville. But I recognized that I hit a ceiling at State, but at a place like Florida there is no limit in what we can do on the football field. We will spend whatever it takes to get the best facilities, the best coaches, the best players, whatever it takes, short of cheating, to be national champs in football."

"Let's make Gator football great again. We are Florida damn it. I'm Scott Stricklin and I approve this message."

I endorse this 100%.
But I don't see how it can happen unless we accept the fact that we MUST play the game the same way our competitors do. Rules are for losers.
There is no real integrity in any facet of college football from the players, to the coaches to the administrators, to the conference administrators, to the media, to the clowns in the NCAA office. To attempt to win on a national scale any other way is completely insane.

All you have to do is look at the teams in the playoffs each year (typically members of the cheaters hall of fame) and you see the way to the top.

Or, we can continue our misguided, holier than thou, attitude about the cesspool known as college football.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not holier than anyone, but I still don't want to win if we have to cheat to do it. There's such a things as sportsmanship. I still abide by it.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm not holier than anyone, but I still don't want to win if we have to cheat to do it. There's such a things as sportsmanship. I still abide by it.
There is a big grey area between cheatin' and competin'. Some push that grey area as far as it will go. I'm all for that because you know damn well the competition does.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Someone noted that big boosters want to be sure of where the money is going. In other words they don't want to give if 30-40% is going to other sports.

Wow. Is Foley that obtuse? It's a shame that the press has zero balls.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
If you ain't cheating, then you a trying! J/K, I agree about the grey area and people like Saban and Meyer push those limits to the max!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.