Stricklin fires soccer coach

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
I know some of you will immediately pile on about who cares about women's soccer, but I find this interesting because it is the second women's coach that Stricklin has fired this year (maybe he learned something from the women's basketball fiasco). And because I don't know how a coach is supposed to deal with an unfit player. Surely someone is telling Des Watson to lose weight, so why can't a soccer coach tell his or her athletes to do so?

Florida Fires Women’s Soccer Coach After Complaints of Verbal Abuse - Sports Illustrated

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So these "athletes" complained that the coach “pressured them about eating habits and their bodies” last year.

Shocking.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If you want to be an FFA*, join the softball team or the marching band**.

* FFA = Fat Female Athlete

** Author is stretching by referring to a member of the marching band as an athlete, but don't tell me I'm wrong about our color guard being able to eat a Golden Corral out of food; we've all seen them at halftime.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
This is a rebound from the Cam Neubauer episode. After all the flak he got for that, this guy had to go at the first peep of this stuff. Otherwise he probably would still be around.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
If you want to be an FFA*, join the softball team or the marching band**.

* FFA = Fat Female Athlete

** Author is stretching by referring to a member of the marching band as an athlete, but don't tell me I'm wrong about our color guard being able to eat a Golden Corral out of food; we've all seen them at halftime.
I think of the band everytime someone says "The Collective".

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So these "athletes" complained that the coach “pressured them about eating habits and their bodies” last year.

Shocking.
When your record is 4-12-4 you shouldn’t complain when the coach calls you a lazy fat a$$. Get in shape and win some games.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Stricklin needs to turn some things around for him to save his job. UF athletics under him have been pathetic overall.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Watch the Dara Torres story on SEC network, The UF swim coach literally gave her an eating disorder... Worked out pretty good for her and coach didn't get canned

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
You think it has to be more than won/ loss record.
I haven’t watch soccer do they appear fat and out of shape? The may be hanging out with the Softball team, them gals be filling out those softball pants.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
When I heard Stricklin fired the soccer coach, I thought it was for performance and I thought Stricklin is finally stepping up and demanding more from our high paid coaches. But after reading this thread I'm not nearly as excited. Damn it.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You think it has to be more than won/ loss record.
I haven’t watch soccer do they appear fat and out of shape? The may be hanging out with the Softball team, them gals be filling out those softball pants.
Them softball girls are built for comfort no doubt.
But I imagine in soccer with the running and such a low body fat percentage would be, dare I say, a requirement.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin needs to turn some things around for him to save his job. UF athletics under him have been pathetic overall.
Stricklin brought that Miss St funk to our athletic department, football and basketball have been awful, baseball and softball are heading in that direction. I don’t want our athletics to be like Miss St where being average to mediocre is good enough.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin brought that Miss St funk to our athletic department, football and basketball have been awful, baseball and softball are heading in that direction. I don’t want our athletics to be like Miss St where being average to mediocre is good enough.

MSU - where not being good enough is good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator