Taggart trying to kill people in workouts

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The first week of wrestling was called Hell Week. Nothing but a week of conditioning drills and running. Half of the tryouts would quit on Monday, mid practice. I cant even imagine how pussified the practices are now. Even the term "hell week" has probably been banned.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The first week of wrestling was called Hell Week. Nothing but a week of conditioning drills and running. Half of the tryouts would quit on Monday, mid practice. I cant even imagine how pussified the practices are now. Even the term "hell week" has probably been banned.
It's now "heck" week.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I hope the SC made the candy asses walk to the hospital.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Stupidity. Rhabdo can lead to kidney failure and sometimes death. What part of todays game with all the TV timeouts and replays requires the kind of conditioning one might get from doing pushups and up-downs for an hour? Just take steroids like Bama does and you don't need no freaking workout.

Yep that is more like a boot camp military type workout for much lighter people in the service. I doubt it would mix too good with some bulky football players.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Universities in Florida are protected by sovereign immunity, so a claimant's ability to recover is really limited in a case like that. A few years ago the parents of the kid at UCF sued the UCF UAA and argued UAAs are independent entities and therefore not protected by sovereign immunity. Pretty sure the appellate court disagreed b/c UAAs are protected as university direct-support organizations per the statutes.

More info than anyone wanted, and I've no idea what the law in Oregon is. The Vikings, on the other hand, were probably screwed, blued, and tattoo'ed (sp?).

Kind of surprised the legislature and universities have held their ground and not approved a claims bill to pay over the 200k or whatever it is.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Oregon: Head strength coach Irele Oderinde has been suspended for one month without pay following workouts that hospitalized at least three players. Oderinde will now report to director of performance and sports science Andrew Murray, instead of Willie Taggart.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I think it says a hell of alot about the coach, not the player. If you don't have a better plan for conditioning than this, you are intellectually limited and I doubt seriously you are going to see a much improved product on the field. Conditioning can be tough and effective without putting people in the hospital.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Youre aware Urban did basically the same thing, right? Locked the players in the gym, put big trash cans for them to puke in and said he wasn't going to stop until each and everyone puked.

Football isn't for pvssies. If they didn't give them enough water, then I'd be concerned. I haven't read the story.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Youre aware Urban did basically the same thing, right? Locked the players in the gym, put big trash cans for them to puke in and said he wasn't going to stop until each and everyone puked.

Football isn't for pvssies. If they didn't give them enough water, then I'd be concerned. I haven't read the story.

Solid. :eek:ldman:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Damn you, sir. Making me remember that hell.
I remember well practicing full pads in August and our old school coach, former UF fullback from the 50s, thinking salt tablets instead of water was the way to go. We would start out with 40 or more and be down to around 20 by the time season started. It is probably why I am so healthy today. My buddy our middle linebacker said Paris Island was no more difficult than Charlie's practices and he went in the Corp in 72. His words not mine.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014

Did any of his (urb)players go to the hospital with Rhabdo? That pvssy, Joe Thomas says they should be fired and I agree. Neanderthals running the conditioning program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator