Talent trump's experience in CFB

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coaching and Talent can trump experience. The coaches on these teams are pretty good as well.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Coaching and Talent can trump experience. The coaches on these teams are pretty good as well.

Yep.

In CFB, talent w/ coaches like Meyer and Saban will likely win 98 out of 100 times.

For a program like ours, we need an influx of talent to go along w/ some experience and hope our coaches don't get in the way. It's going to take A LOT of talent (recruiting classes) to get us out of this hole we're in. So, as these less talented players (3-stars) gain experience we need to hope our next few recruiting classes are top 10 type classes (preferably top-5) and we get a few more higher level coaches on this staff (OC, OL, ST's).

I just hate watching that smug a-hole Urban Meyer have success.... I know, sour grapes.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Saban doesn't give Meyer another heart attack if they play in the playoffs.
If CFB had any sense of knowing their ass from a hole in the ground, Clemson should be playing Washington and OSU/Bama in the semi's but they are trying to setup a Bama/OSU final for rating purposes!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Saban may have the process which probably just means he gets better recruits than most everyone else for the most part but I don't think he is some great game day coach - a real good one but not great. If he wants to show people he is a great Xs and Os coach he can go back to the NFL and pull 11-5 records with a backup QB and not many stars on your team playing then. When he shows that ability I will consider him a great game day coach. Harbaugh is probably a better game day coach than Saban or Meyer imo.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I agree with this. In my opinion:

Talent < Experience; however, Talent + Coaching > Experience + Coaching

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If CFB had any sense of knowing their ass from a hole in the ground, Clemson should be playing Washington and OSU/Bama in the semi's but they are trying to setup a Bama/OSU final for rating purposes!
No doubt - how do you not win your division, let alone your conference, and still end up #2 in the country?
I'll run this one up the flagpole.
:bsflag:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
But wait ... you get experience by showing talent.??

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt - how do you not win your division, let alone your conference, and still end up #2 in the country?
I'll run this one up the flagpole.
:bsflag:

Well # 3 but point taken being rated over 1 loss Washington - conference winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.