Tebow a buckeye?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
'Winning Championships.............the only goal.'

What happened to grooming young men to be successful in life, not just football? Yeah, Meyer hasn't done so well in that department (sans TT).

This was hilarious:
'Having to use an athlete from another school to represent your program winning championships seems disrespectful to the athletes, current and former, who have worked hard for the Buckeyes.

Besides, there are plenty of famous Buckeyes in recent history who could have made the list!

Ezekiel Elliot, Terrelle Pryor, Troy Smith, or Maurice Clarett all set records at Ohio State.

Well, maybe using Tebow was a smart decision.' :lmao2:
Meyer didn't groom Tebow, his parents did.

But yeah, love that last part you quoted :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And we can blame a million things, and they're all valid. But the fact is he was standing on the opposing sideline during games that would've earned a trip to Atl had we won.
If we can't beat the Other Kintucky of the SEC East, that's on us. There is no excuse for it. They never had the talent to beat us so it was just plain getting outcoached, badly, to ever lose to that team.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Geeze, the comments are priceless! They are really catching hell about UF & our ownage of them! :lol:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would be pissed with them sending that tweet out if I was an OSU fan.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well I'm sure that the SEC Network brass gave Tim a seminar on his obligation
at not showing favoritism for his alma mater ... a way of guarding against favoring his
Gators would be to disperse favor among several teams. Yet, I liked that pundits'
rivalry 'tween Eddie George and Emmitt Smith in our NCG performance.

I do get ticked if Tebow has appeared to do more for Meyer's recruiting than for Mac's ?
Plus, we need more recruiting help from our star alumni. When RB recruits officially
visit Gainesville, they should watch a video showing Emmitt in UF games and in NFL
Cowboy games. Then a short recruiting infomercial of Emmitt in his straight-talk way.

Also either Emmitt, Tebow, or other prominent Gator alumni in video showing all our
facility superlatives - they sure show well on film. We need a Gator alumni rapper too.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
IMO we should invite tebow to be like an honorary guest for the LSU game. Make him be two bits or something like that and let him stay on our sidelines the whole game. Maybe allow him to give the pregame speech to the team and be there for morale on the sidelines. I think having his presence there would motivate the players to perform well and give them extra motivation to beat LSU in front of one of the greatest gators of all time

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Another example of Urban blight . Gator heroes belong to the Gators. Bet once Tim really gets
to know Mac, he'll come around more often and more usefully usfully to help with recruiting ?
Like a recruiting video pitch ... a Gator infomercial.
I think Muschamp had probably made it clear he didn't want Tebow around. Had been told about an occasion when he had been pretty clearly unfriendly and unwelcoming. I also expect it will be different with McElwain, to the extent Tebow's media contracts allow that sort of thing.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Urban is due a 'career-ending' faux heart attack here in the next two years or so, he's got to play the Tebow card while he can before he turns into Harbaugh's *****. Then he can move on to another career job at ND when the Irish finally realize what a choke artist Kelly is......
:lmao2:

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Think about Tebow ... if Urban makes a request-permission to visit or allow his picture and
some quote, Tim is too nice to refuse. I'm sure players wouldn't respond to quotes by
Lord Byron or Robert Service.
This is Tim. He hasn't really learned you can say no, especially to friends, close friends. Meyer knows how to play him and use the relationship to his advantage. Tebow will think Meyer cares about him as a person.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
'Winning Championships.............the only goal.'

What happened to grooming young men to be successful in life, not just football? Yeah, Meyer hasn't done so well in that department (sans TT).

This was hilarious:
'Having to use an athlete from another school to represent your program winning championships seems disrespectful to the athletes, current and former, who have worked hard for the Buckeyes.

Besides, there are plenty of famous Buckeyes in recent history who could have made the list!

Ezekiel Elliot, Terrelle Pryor, Troy Smith, or Maurice Clarett all set records at Ohio State.

Well, maybe using Tebow was a smart decision.' :lmao2:
:lmao2:

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
IMO we should invite tebow to be like an honorary guest for the LSU game. Make him be two bits or something like that and let him stay on our sidelines the whole game. Maybe allow him to give the pregame speech to the team and be there for morale on the sidelines. I think having his presence there would motivate the players to perform well and give them extra motivation to beat LSU in front of one of the greatest gators of all time
Messchimp-don't take-the-spotlight-off-me could never have stood to have Tebow involved. WAY too insecure. McElwain is more inviting as a person and a coach.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

I LOVED this last season on our sideline.....

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't disagree necessarily. However, his SEC Network duties wouldn't allow it unless they did SEC Nation there that weekend. Or whatever the hell the pre-game show is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.