Tebow a buckeye?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Well, the nuts clearly have a major deficiency of character. They gotta supplement it somehow.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This shouldn't be surprising to anyone. Tebow actively recruits for Urban at Ohio State.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Another example of Urban blight . Gator heroes belong to the Gators. Bet once Tim really gets
to know Mac, he'll come around more often and more usefully usfully to help with recruiting ?
Like a recruiting video pitch ... a Gator infomercial.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Does anyone really care about this? I sure don't. I have moved on from Urbs, I have moved on from Tebow. But if the Bucknuts need the image of a UF player to jack the fanbase, I would say they are the ones who have a problem.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'll laugh my ass off if Gators vilify Tebow for working at OSU but not doing the same for SOS leaving us in the lurch after '01 and then coming back to coach against us in the same division. We wouldn't even play against OSU unless we met in the postseason, and Tebow obviously has a very close bond with his former coach. Who cares?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Urban is due a 'career-ending' faux heart attack here in the next two years or so, he's got to play the Tebow card while he can before he turns into Harbaugh's bitch. Then he can move on to another career job at ND when the Irish finally realize what a choke artist Kelly is......

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Combination of Tebow's loyalty to Meyer, his chance to still be involved in football and just generally being too nice. Sas is right to an extent. Osu is not a rival and has never cost us anything. If nothing else, Spurrier cost us two East championships(though the second was well worth it). No ideal, but also not the end of the world.

To me, things like this make me appreciate guys like DW that much more.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Combination of Tebow's loyalty to Meyer, his chance to still be involved in football and just generally being too nice. Sas is right to an extent. Osu is not a rival and has never cost us anything.
They are eating our lunch in recruiting.

If nothing else, Spurrier cost us two East championships(though the second was well worth it)
Mushchimp could have been here for another decade and he would have never gotten to Atlanta.

I guess the other year you are talking about is 2005? Sorry, but Dan Mullen's lack of understanding that the forward pass is allowed in football had more to do with the problem than SOS. The azzclown was trying to run the option with Chris Leak!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They are eating our lunch in recruiting.

Mushchimp could have been here for another decade and he would have never gotten to Atlanta.

I guess the other year you are talking about is 2005? Sorry, but Dan Mullen's lack of understanding that the forward pass is allowed in football had more to do with the problem than SOS. The azzclown was trying to run the option with Chris Leak!

2005 and 2010. I was mistaken with my 2014 reference.

And we can blame a million things, and they're all valid. But the fact is he was standing on the opposing sideline during games that would've earned a trip to Atl had we won.

On the recruiting issue, yes we go head to head with them and are being beaten in most cases. But that could just as easily be blamed on our own failures. We're losing to other schools as well.

As I said, I'm not a big fan of it, and don't really get it. But there was some truth to Sas' post. Neither situation makes me very comfortable.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Think about Tebow ... if Urban makes a request-permission to visit or allow his picture and
some quote, Tim is too nice to refuse. I'm sure players wouldn't respond to quotes by
Lord Byron or Robert Service.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Isn't this some kind of NCAA violation?

But seriously, if Tebow wants to get into coaching we can't expect him to be at UF. Going to Urbs is a good way for Tebow to break in the coaching ranks.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TT is a Gator, no question. This is more about the Bucknuts. They still need something positive after that azzwhuppin they got int the desert by TT, Leak, and Co.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
'Winning Championships.............the only goal.'

What happened to grooming young men to be successful in life, not just football? Yeah, Meyer hasn't done so well in that department (sans TT).

This was hilarious:
'Having to use an athlete from another school to represent your program winning championships seems disrespectful to the athletes, current and former, who have worked hard for the Buckeyes.

Besides, there are plenty of famous Buckeyes in recent history who could have made the list!

Ezekiel Elliot, Terrelle Pryor, Troy Smith, or Maurice Clarett all set records at Ohio State.

Well, maybe using Tebow was a smart decision.' :lmao2:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I guess when it comes to leadership, integrity and character, meyer didn't have any decent candidates from within bucknut land. I would assume that includes Archie Griffin? Not that I completely believe that, but isn't that the message meyer is sending?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator