i

Something's wrong there.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Steve Van Buren?!? Screw that! Bring back #15!!

Oh yeah, thanks for the explanation. :fistbump:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n257598 said:
Stolen, not original. Unfortunately I can't remember from whom I stole it.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n257487 said:
Yeah except this still isn't even true. :facepalm:

Dude are you even serious? Have you not actually read any comments about Tim in any ESPN or other article?
The hate is not just related to football because if it were then why all of this?:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Hat...68986726473027

"Well, He's out and let's hope it's for good. Go do your preaching or whatever else you want to shove down our throats. However, forget about football"

And another one:
https://www.facebook.com/TebowHaters...c_location=ufi

"I guess bayless and house now hate God and Jesus, is what the cult will say. Satan has taken control of them for them to not show praise to Tebow the great."

And it happened with other NFL players:

"When Detroit Lions’ Stephen Tulloch and Tony Scheffler fell to their knees and mocked Tebow (“Tebowing”), no one was too upset.
But imagine if those two player did the same to a Muslim player who bowed to Mecca. There would be complete outrage."

Don't you think all of that goes a little beyond what happens on the field?
All that (and more) seems pretty effin' personal to me.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n257544 said:
So you think Michael Sam was just puttin on?

It's not true because plenty of people applauded Tebow for his religion, and plenty of asshats said typical asshat stuff about Sam when he came out. Just because the whiny b*tches of the world chose to focus on the negative said about Tebow and positive said about Sam doesn't mean there weren't plenty of people on the other side of the coin. Look beyond your own nose for once.

It takes a lot of courage for Tebow to be as devout as he is in an increasingly cynical world, and it took a lot of courage for Sam to come out while participating in a sport that applauds masculinity more than any other (and for the psychos and jackass bigots who still infect this country). Neither is more courageous than the other, and neither is getting a shot in the NFL because they simply aren't good NFL football players.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;n257608 said:
Dude are you even serious? Have you not actually read any comments about Tim in any ESPN or other article?
The hate is not just related to football because if it were then why all of this?:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Hat...68986726473027

"Well, He's out and let's hope it's for good. Go do your preaching or whatever else you want to shove down our throats. However, forget about football"

And another one:
https://www.facebook.com/TebowHaters...c_location=ufi

"I guess bayless and house now hate God and Jesus, is what the cult will say. Satan has taken control of them for them to not show praise to Tebow the great."

And it happened with other NFL players:

"When Detroit Lions’ Stephen Tulloch and Tony Scheffler fell to their knees and mocked Tebow (“Tebowing”), no one was too upset.
But imagine if those two player did the same to a Muslim player who bowed to Mecca. There would be complete outrage."

Don't you think all of that goes a little beyond what happens on the field?
All that (and more) seems pretty effin' personal to me.

And how many people have denigrated Sam because of his sexuality? I just posted this in my last post, but the hate runs deep for both players, as does the love. They're both extremely divisive for different reasons, when people should just chill the f*ck out and stop making everything a competition over who is more courageous or virtuous or whatever.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n257683 said:
And how many people have denigrated Sam because of his sexuality? I just posted this in my last post, but the hate runs deep for both players, as does the love. They're both extremely divisive for different reasons, when people should just chill the f*ck out and stop making everything a competition over who is more courageous or virtuous or whatever.

Totally agree - and in the case with Sam - the 'draft kiss' - it became a big deal, like some Rosa Parks thing. So flippin' what? The media blew that up like they do with Tebow-mania.
And my point was - it went past football and many were denigrating BOTH men for their personal beliefs.

Like you said - haters need to "chill the f*ck out" and let Tim do his thing, make the team and hopefully make some meaningful contributions.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;n257686 said:
Totally agree - and in the case with Sam - the 'draft kiss' - it became a big deal, like some Rosa Parks thing. So flippin' what? The media blew that up like they do with Tebow-mania.
And my point was - it went past football and many were denigrating BOTH men for their personal beliefs.

Like you said - haters need to "chill the f*ck out" and let Tim do his thing, make the team and hopefully make some meaningful contributions.

100% agree. 7 billion people on Earth, worrying about someone's religion or someone's sexual habits should be the least of anyone's worries.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What really is there to be so caustic about Christianity when "lived" like Tim does ? I think that's the rub. ??

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He'll get cut as soon as the media circus gets too big

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The media circus didn't get Tim cut. No team could see usefulness in his flawed passing ability in the predominant
NFL passing situations. I'm guessing Tim's improved on that. Hope so.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n257680 said:
It's not true because plenty of people applauded Tebow for his religion, and plenty of asshats said typical asshat stuff about Sam when he came out. Just because the whiny b*tches of the world chose to focus on the negative said about Tebow and positive said about Sam doesn't mean there weren't plenty of people on the other side of the coin. Look beyond your own nose for once.

It takes a lot of courage for Tebow to be as devout as he is in an increasingly cynical world, and it took a lot of courage for Sam to come out while participating in a sport that applauds masculinity more than any other (and for the psychos and jackass bigots who still infect this country). Neither is more courageous than the other, and neither is getting a shot in the NFL because they simply aren't good NFL football players.
exactly............Bottom line in pro sports is to win........I think the NFL missed the boat on Tim. He is the ultimate leader/winner/ high character guy. Only a moron would worry about his faith unless it included illegal stuff with young boys. I thought his year with Denver was proof of his magic. I would actually watch some NFL this year is he starts.......

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hope he makes it, and appears he's doing much better. Good for him. The Eagles will be better off having him there. Just win, TIM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.