Tebow to the Atlanta Braves?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Minor Leagues literally pay peanuts, and he wouldn't be taking a spot from anyone significant anyway. It's a potential big money maker for a minor league team if they sign him. From a purely financial stand point, it would make sense for a team to do it, especially if that team is in the southeast, as there will likely be a far greater return than what they actually pay him.

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Minor Leagues literally pay peanuts, and he wouldn't be taking a spot from anyone significant anyway. It's a potential big money maker for a minor league team if they sign him. From a purely financial stand point, it would make sense for a team to do it, especially if that team is in the southeast, as there will likely be a far greater return than what they actually pay him.

I follow baseball and just like you said it's peanuts. Given the condition of the Braves they will use this as an advantage. Let the circus come into town.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I follow baseball and just like you said it's peanuts. Given the condition of the Braves they will use this as an advantage. Let the circus come into town.
He isn't doing it for the money anyway. He doesn't strike me as someone who would have blown through what he's already received.
But they could pay him more, way more, than the average salary, and probably still make money when that circus comes to town. And if he's even remotely any good, then they'll make even more. There really isn't a lot of downside to a minor league team with this from a money making standpoint.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
This is a win win for both if they sign him to a minor league team. All their teams are in the southeast (outside of some lower class clubs) and he will bring in people to see the attraction. I wish him the best, but don't see him getting past AA ball, but who knows. I know the biggest knock on him from some scouts so far is that he is far to muscular for baseball and it may hinder him in improving. I hope it works out for him, but at some point I think he needs to understand the ESPN gig is something he could have for life with good money to help him fund whatever charities he wants.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Tebow would get some endorsement money if he is signed even playing single A ball because the businesses know ESPN would be giving it some coverage. It is always about the money to a certain extent.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
With all of his charity and mission work, I don't know why Tebow would opt for the grinds and low salary of a minor league baseball season. I wish him well.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Tebow does sign with Atlanta it looks like he would most likely end up playing in the rookie league at Disney's sports complex. How convenient for ESPN and them.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just like the Birmingham Barons saw huge ticket sales when MJ was trying to play ball, any team that grabs Timmy will reap huge merchandise & ticket revenue. It's a slam dunk financially.....which also explains why the Jaguars passed on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator