Tebow vs.Colts

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Dirty Sanchez was horrific. Got bailed out by great athletic plays by his receivers. His accuracy was worse than Tim's. If Sanchez makes this squad while continuing to play like this and Tim gets cut, I'm willing to entertain any conspiracy theories anyone has to offer.

The other number three QB did look like decent backup material, better than Sanchez.

Kelly admitted that Tim was playing behind a scrub OL and with third and fourth string receivers. Some of the pressure Tim was under was the result of poor blocking and busted routes by the WRs. The guy deserves a chance to play with better talent before they decide to cut him, and if he doesn't get it, then I'll assume the whole episode was designed to sell extra pre-season tix before throwing Tim back under the bus.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Now that I've seen his improved throwing accuracy, I know, when coverage ( instead of poor blocking) breaks down a play,
there's no QB better than Tim's tuck and run at getting much needed yards. Like said, there's hope if Tim gets some time
with the top unit = WRs & OL. Could be exciting.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Here is what I saw. His first drive it looked like there might have been more number 2's out there and that is why he was given time to make the reads. Tebow did hold on the ball too long, and that could've been that the 3's were not getting open, they ran the wrong routes, or he was timid...who besides the tape can really know. I just hope that he gets a real shot. I mean if you give the other 2 QBs a chance to work with the 1's and 2's to show their worth, why not him as well?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought he did some good things and some questionable things. But the questionable things could be due to the talent that was around him as well. His new throwing motion was much better, he appeared to keep the ball higher than before. Looks like a good fit for Kelly's offense. I wouldn't be surprised if Barkley is traded before the cut down to 53, for a mid round pick. I would like to see what Tebow would do with the 1's against 1's. Most of his playing time was against guys and with guys who aren't going to be on the 53 man roster.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
rogdochar;n262001 said:
Now that I've seen his improved throwing accuracy, I know, when coverage ( instead of poor blocking) breaks down a play,
there's no QB better than Tim's tuck and run at getting much needed yards.
Like said, there's hope if Tim gets some time
with the top unit = WRs & OL. Could be exciting.

If you think Tim is the best at tucking and running you might want to check out this guy named Russel Wilson. Pretty decent at picking up yards with his feet and pretty much never runs backwards randomly ending in a big loss.

But that being said, Tim looked pretty good to me. Even though Barkley moved the offense more effectively, a lot of that had to do with having an actual O-line and having Nelson Agholor turning passes 3 yards behind the LOS into 15 to 40 yard gains. Tim threw the best 10+ yard passes by a long shot.

I'm looking forward to see what he does in the next game. Only Tebow can make pre-season NFL games must-watch TV.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n262147 said:
If you think Tim is the best at tucking and running you might want to check out this guy named Russel Wilson. Pretty decent at picking up yards with his feet and pretty much never runs backwards randomly ending in a big loss.

But that being said, Tim looked pretty good to me. Even though Barkley moved the offense more effectively, a lot of that had to do with having an actual O-line and having Nelson Agholor turning passes 3 yards behind the LOS into 15 to 40 yard gains. Tim threw the best 10+ yard passes by a long shot.

I'm looking forward to see what he does in the next game. Only Tebow can make pre-season NFL games must-watch TV.

Exactly, it's just one game. Tebow didn't tear it up, nor did he fail. Looking forward to him getting more chances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.