Texas A&M Fired their DC

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Looking probably to hire Muschamp as their next DC. Won't be surprised if that is announced sometime before Christmas.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My source says Nebraska wants him as their HC.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Will be interesting to see here he ends up. I have mixed feelings about him landing in College Station and having to watch him on the sidelines when I watch Aggie games, but they really do need a defense and I don't doubt he would improve that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n118145 said:
My source says Nebraska wants him as their HC.

:rotfl: I suspect there is at least one poster on here who thinks that.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
More than likely will be there. I would think he would rather go with the OBC than A&M.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can't imagine WM anywhere but USCe next year. Coach next to the Master for a few years and then pick up another big HC gig.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
alcoholica;n118340 said:
Can't imagine WM anywhere but USCe next year. Coach next to the Master for a few years and then pick up another big HC gig.

He could slide into the HC job when Spurrier retires. Would actually be a great learning experience for Champ. Could see how an offensive genius can coexist with his defense. Probably give him a whole new outlook on things.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
IF Muschamp is willing to learn, then Spurrier is the guy that could teach him. He's obviously totally deficient in offense and SOS is the master. I personally don't believe Muschamp will ever amount to a great head coach, but if he's willing to learn offense from Spurrier for a few years, he might have a shot.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't get the loyalty some of you have to Muschamp. I'm embarrassed you call yourself Gator fans. The Dude's a Loser and set the wrong kind of records we'd like to have. I hope you all move on with Muschamp to his next team and be part of that bandwagon.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't wish anything bad on WM and appreciate how he's conducted himself since the so called "step down". More or less, "you can resign before you get axed in public". But this guys has put a mark on UF history that will forever be known as negative. As much as I HATE Zook, this guy was worse. But I still hate Zook more than WM. To me for Zook it was all the time Bu!! S#!t. At least WM could acknowledge he couldn't get it done. But WM was just a bad hire, period. I wanted him to succeed in the beginning and supported him up until the GS game last year. But the fact is right now he's a good coach, but a terrible head coach.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n118343 said:
He could slide into the HC job when Spurrier retires. Would actually be a great learning experience for Champ. Could see how an offensive genius can coexist with his defense. Probably give him a whole new outlook on things.

This is what I have been predicting for weeks... he learns how to coach from Spurrier... learns offense and then he takes over as USCe HC and would do an amazing job if he really learned how to run an offense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, most teams love recycling failed HCs. I'm sure Chimp will get a HC gig right about the time Pelini, Randy Shannon, and all those other failures get one.

Learn how to coach? Other side of the ball (defense for Spurrier, offense for Chimp) on the field? Take the headset off and talk to your side of the ball. Chimp; just doesn't have it in him.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
The man knows how to coach. But most defensive coaches have a certain idea of what type of offense works hand and hand with their defense. I just think working with Spurrier will give him a new perspective on what's possible. Don't think it's going to make Champ and offensive playcaller but more widen his offensive philosophy on what can be paired with a stout defense. It's ok to throw that deep post after a turnover.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He'll be a DC somewhere but a lousy head coach(if ever given the opportunity). He doesn't have it in him. That much is obvious. I am so glad this book is nearing its end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator