The Best Tennessee memes heading into the season

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not a meme, but an all-time classic GIF........

welp.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My oldest daughter was about 5 or 6 when Joakim Noah (her fav player on our bball team) played for us and we made our title runs in basketball. She saw during one of the cutaways the other team's cheerleaders making fun of Noah's looks. I remember her asking me point blank "Dad, what are they doing to him?" So I told her the truth, making fun of the way he looks. She thought about what I said for a few seconds, got tears in her eyes, then said, "But he's just a person like they are?"

Good on you Queen, good on you.

Wait until Tennessee week before you give her any credit for not making fun of him. She is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alopecia is an autoimmune disease.
That's what I thought. Alopecia his reason for the no eyebrows, not the enlarged forehead. You can see where his eyebrows would be, if the hair regrows, and his hair line on top of his head is normal. He just has a larger forehead than most, kinda like Peyton.

I agree with you about not making fun of people because of something out of their control, but I don't think anyone is making fun of the lack of eyebrows.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's what I thought. Alopecia his reason for the no eyebrows, not the enlarged forehead. You can see where his eyebrows would be, if the hair regrows, and his hair line on top of his head is normal. He just has a larger forehead than most, kinda like Peyton.

I agree with you about not making fun of people because of something out of their control, but I don't think anyone is making fun of the lack of eyebrows.
Alopecia causes hair loss, I'm gonna go ahead and say his hairline has receded due to this and that's part of the reason his forehead appears larger.

By all means, if you want to make fun of the guy go for it. I just think it's in poor taste on this one.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alopecia causes hair loss, I'm gonna go ahead and say his hairline has receded due to this and that's part of the reason his forehead appears larger.

By all means, if you want to make fun of the guy go for it. I just think it's in poor taste on this one.
There are different effects of different kinds of alopecia. None of which I think contribute to the larger forehead. Some people just have big foreheads.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There are different effects of different kinds of alopecia. None of which I think contribute to the larger forehead. Some people just have big foreheads.
So losing your hairline does not increase your forehead size?

His forehead appears fairly normal here, maybe a tad large but not something I think anyone would make fun of. Damn sure doesn't look the same as it does now.
hqdefault.jpg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So losing your hairline does not increase your forehead size?

His forehead appears fairly normal here, maybe a tad large but not something I think anyone would make fun of. Damn sure doesn't look the same as it does now.
hqdefault.jpg

Heads continue to grow.

To your point:
020416-NFL-Peyton-Manning-High-School.vresize.1200.675.high.94.jpg

4256.png

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think Peyton's hairline has also receded quite a bit due to being about.........20 years older as a Bronco than he was in high school? And having a different haircut?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In reality, you're right, Queenie. A H.S. (60's) trackmate of mine named Koley, had alopecia. He was
completely bald, no eyebrows. The school allowed him to wear a cap all day. He wore the coolest
welder's cap. All of us encouraged him = he started out a terrible miler, even clumsy afoot (When he ran
his extra-large feet went clop-clop, like a horse sound... nobody said a word.)

By the end of the season, with all his hard work and fierce determination, he stopped coming in last. Koley
never placed. His wins came in the congratulatory pep-talks at our practices = "Koley, do you realize that
you cut more time off your mile than anybody." He was probably our school's proudest letterman,
and his teammates felt a better emotion of pride for Koley than for their own letters.

Again, in reality Queenie, you're right ... bur this GC posting board is an escape from reality. But, I saw
the wonderfully positive effect that surrounding TLC had on Koley, therefore that must be the measure of
horridly harmful that the opposite treatment would bring,

Two things =
1) GC ain't us immersed in reality .
2) a rare escape from reality = chance to be "L'il Devils" is silly whoopie for us GC buddies - especially vs a rival.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some people need to get a sense of humor.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.