The Four Big Games That Give Birth to the Final Four Playoffs

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OK, let's forget the ball breaking and flame wars and talk football.

The road to the National Championship goes through these four up and coming games.

Saturday, November 7, 2015:
Florida State @ Clemson

Saturday, November 7, 2015
LSU @ Alabama

Saturday, November 21, 2015
Michigan State @ Ohio State

Saturday November 27, 2015
Baylor @ TCU

The winner of these 4 games should take their conference championship and advance to play for the NC. There is an outside chance one of these teams could be upset in their conference championships letting Notre Dame, Stanford or Iowa to float up into the party but realistically Florida and Memphis are just too far down the line to realistically have a shot.

Do you see any other alternate scenario?

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
you gonna hate even when you say you ain't.

UF is higher in this years first poll than the buckeyes were last year and after winning out, we will be in.

go clean your butt funnel

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
playzwtrux;n308699 said:
you gonna hate even when you say you ain't.

UF is higher in this years first poll than the buckeyes were last year and after winning out, we will be in.

go clean your butt funnel

No, I"m not being bad boy Alvin. It's possible the Gators could take out Alabama or LSU in the SEC Championship but that's a long road to travel to back your way into the Final Four. How are you going to leapfrog media's darling, Notre Dame, Stanford and Iowa?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The clowns don't have a prayer, even if they beat Clumspon. They're gonna get waxed in the regular season finale.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n308703 said:
No, I"m not being bad boy Alvin. It's possible the Gators could take out Alabama or LSU in the SEC Championship but that's a long road to travel to back your way into the Final Four. How are you going to leapfrog media's darling, Notre Dame, Stanford and Iowa?

by winning the rest of our games and having the best schedule of any other contender. A 7 point loss on the road with a b/u QB to the #2 team in the land is easily the best loss out there of any team.

Iowa will fall, Stanford lost to ND, and ND was blown out by Clemson. none of those 3 will jump a 1 loss :chomp:

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
In today's games I'm taking Clemson over FSU and Derrick Henry over Leonard Fournette.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n308709 said:
The clowns don't have a prayer, even if they beat Clumspon. They're gonna get waxed in the regular season finale.

OK, then Clemson is virtually in the Playoffs. That leaves 3 open slots. I can tell you I have no idea who wins the LSU-Alabama, Baylor-TCU or Michigan State-Ohio State games. It's all up for grabs.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Incredibly - and I can't believe I'm actually typing this - there is some logic in Alvin's post. I'd toss out a few caveats:
  • Even if the Clowns run the table, can they overcome a bad loss to a bad team (fluky though it was)?
  • If we run the table, we're in. A one loss SEC champ will have a seat at the table.
  • What happens if the Bucknuts lose to the Harbaughs, but win the conference? Their schedule is terrible.
  • What if Sparty takes a loss down the stretch to Nuts or Penn State, but wins the conference?
  • What if a two loss Ole Miss team wins the SEC?
Personally, I think the only ACC school that has a shot is an undefeated Clemmy. I think one loss Big 10 champ will have a good shot - weak sked or not. A one loss SEC champ is a shoo in and depending on the quality of the losses and how the rest of the field breaks, a two loss SEC champ is possible. Based on the kerfuffle last year, I'd bet even a one loss Big 12 school gets in. Assuming they take no other losses, the winner of the Domer-Stanford game will have a very strong argument. No way on Memphis or any other AAC school.

Should be a great, exciting finish to the season.

Well, this post really cleared things up, didn't it?? :lol2:

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n308730 said:
Incredibly - and I can't believe I'm actually typing this - there is some logic in Alvin's post. I'd toss out a few caveats:
  • Even if the Clowns run the table, can they overcome a bad loss to a bad team (fluky though it was)?
  • If we run the table, we're in. A one loss SEC champ will have a seat at the table.
  • What happens if the Bucknuts lose to the Harbaughs, but win the conference? Their schedule is terrible.
  • What if Sparty takes a loss down the stretch to Nuts or Penn State, but wins the conference?
  • What if a two loss Ole Miss team wins the SEC?
Personally, I think the only ACC school that has a shot is an undefeated Clemmy. I think one loss Big 10 champ will have a good shot - weak sked or not. A one loss SEC champ is a shoo in and depending on the quality of the losses and how the rest of the field breaks, a two loss SEC champ is possible. Based on the kerfuffle last year, I'd bet even a one loss Big 12 school gets in. Assuming they take no other losses, the winner of the Domer-Stanford game will have a very strong argument. No way on Memphis or any other AAC school.

Should be a great, exciting finish to the season.

Well, this post really cleared things up, didn't it?? :lol2:

You forgot one other school. We all know the Media and the NCAA bow down before the Irish. With their schedule any of the top 4 get upset Notre Dame will march into the Final Four like Caesar entering Rome.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
What if a two loss Ole Miss team wins the SEC and Memphis wins out and Ole Miss gets into the Final Four Playoff and an undefeated Memphis is left out of the playoff and remember Memphis beat Ole Miss in the regular season. What then? What then? Does the city of Memphis march 75 miles south and burn the town of Oxford to the ground?

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n308732 said:
What if a two loss Ole Miss team wins the SEC and Memphis wins out and Ole Miss gets into the Final Four Playoff and an undefeated Memphis is left out of the playoff and remember Memphis beat Ole Miss in the regular season. What then? What then? Does the city of Memphis march 75 miles south and burn the town of Oxford to the ground?

No, Joe, everybody in the city expect an undefeated Memphis, victor over Ole Miss, to be left home alone. Their weak conference has written their fate.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Where's the Merge Mod when we need him?

We'd be much better off with one "Alvin is an idiot and the Voles aren't bowl eligible" thread.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking in those certain 4 games in the OP, Alabama, Clemson, TCU, and Ohio State get those victories which would leave 3 undefeated's and a 1 loss Bama in the top four. As a Gator I want to believe we have a good shot at the sec title game but I heavily doubt our O line can hold up against someone like Bama or even LSU again if they were to win. Memphis is a dark horse to make the playoffs but I think more likely for them is a New Years six bowl. The committee will get someone like Notre Dame or Stanford in if possible just because they like them so much.... Even though both are overrated.

Sent from my IPad using tapatalk.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n308741 said:
I'm thinking in those certain 4 games in the OP, Alabama, Clemson, TCU, and Ohio State get those victories which would leave 3 undefeated's and a 1 loss Bama in the top four. As a Gator I want to believe we have a good shot at the sec title game but I heavily doubt our O line can hold up against someone like Bama or even LSU again if they were to win. Memphis is a dark horse to make the playoffs but I think more likely for them is a New Years six bowl. The committee will get someone like Notre Dame or Stanford in if possible just because they like them so much.... Even though both are overrated.

Sent from my IPad using tapatalk.

I just remembered.

Saturday, November 28, 2015
Stanford@Notre Dame

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n308745 said:
I just remembered.

Saturday, November 28, 2015
Stanford@Notre Dame

That's a big one.... Hard to say, I think Stanford could beat them since ND has been scraping by teams lately, but it's at ND... that'll decide a lot and it's week 14,

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The LSU @ Bama winner still has a tough road ahead and if FSU upsets Clemson they are likely to lose another game after that.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
ND still has Pitt today and BC in a few weeks, in addition to Stanford at the end of the season. All three of those games are on the road. Pitt's a better team than they have been in the recent past and BC seems to always play ND tough in the Catholic bowl. Ideally, we'd like to see Pitt knock off ND today, then we can pull for Clemson to beat FSU, UNC or Duke over Clemson in the ACC title game and ND over Stanford to close out the regular season. All of that stuff really doesn't need to happen though. If we can get somebody to knock off ND and we win out we should be good. A one loss Florida team would get the nod over a one loss Stanford team in my opinion, so it really doesn't matter if the other 3 teams in the playoffs are an undefeated Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan State, Baylor, TCU, etc. Notre Dame is the wildcard that impacts Florida the most and we need them to lose. If ND runs the table, then we really need to hope that someone knocks off Clemson OR that the Big 12 cannibalize a each other and all the Big 12 schools end up with a loss.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n308763 said:
ND still has Pitt today and BC in a few weeks, in addition to Stanford at the end of the season. All three of those games are on the road. Pitt's a better team than they have been in the recent past and BC seems to always play ND tough in the Catholic bowl. Ideally, we'd like to see Pitt knock off ND today, then we can pull for Clemson to beat FSU, UNC or Duke over Clemson in the ACC title game and ND over Stanford to close out the regular season. All of that stuff really doesn't need to happen though. If we can get somebody to knock off ND and we win out we should be good. A one loss Florida team would get the nod over a one loss Stanford team in my opinion, so it really doesn't matter if the other 3 teams in the playoffs are an undefeated Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan State, Baylor, TCU, etc. Notre Dame is the wildcard that impacts Florida the most and we need them to lose. If ND runs the table, then we really need to hope that someone knocks off Clemson OR that the Big 12 cannibalize a each other and all the Big 12 schools end up with a loss.

Why would we want Clemson to beat FSU as far as the playoff goes except for them losing another game? We get a lot more credit for an FSU win if they beat Clemson and it might take the ACC winner completely out of consideration for a spot.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even I have to admit if the lizards take out the Noles and upset Alabama/LSU then they should be given consideration to join the party. The problem is the overt Notre Dame worship and media sympathy for the brain school, Stanford.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n308770 said:
Even I have to admit if the lizards take out the Noles and upset Alabama/LSU then they should be given consideration to join the party. The problem is the overt Notre Dame worship and media sympathy for the brain school, Stanford.

We are being hurt a little by some of our opponents having bad seasons. It would help if Ole Miss can finish strong but not win the West and FSU beats Clemson. Playing an undefeated LSU or a 1 loss Bama in the SECCG would guarantee us a spot with a win regardless of how those two do however. I guess the worst case scenario for us making it is if FSU loses to Clemson and Ole Miss pulled out the SEC West.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.