The Hairy One's Thoughts and Musings

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We better hope this defense nuts up for the game in 3 weeks....Looks like they will be facing the leading passer and leading rusher in the conference that also happens to have a physical, grinding offensive line and an NFL caliber TE....They'll have their hands full that's for sure and if they budge even the slightest up the gut AA will have a field day going down field.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
We better hope this defense nuts up for the game in 3 weeks....Looks like they will be facing the leading passer and leading rusher in the conference that also happens to have a physical, grinding offensive line and an NFL caliber TE....They'll have their hands full that's for sure and if they budge even the slightest up the gut AA will have a field day going down field.

I know your praying for Bert to beat us. Step away from the altar.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I truly believe Herndon got reps because it was homecoming and he's a redshirt senior.
Agreed. Did anyone else but me read that he was one of the captains for the day?

He's a good Gator. Glad he got a few reps... and as minimal as they were, I don't really understand all the angry sentiment about it...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I know your praying for Bert to beat us. Step away from the altar.
I've seen the results over the last 6 years whenever our vaunted defense plays a team that can run AND pass the ball. I only remember beating one of them, Ole Miss, and their running game isn't that great if you take away Kelly's runs. My point is that we always seem to heap mounds of praise on the defense and watch them wilt when they play a complete offensive team.....I will say this though regarding the game, if Mac craps the kennel against the puppies I might just have to root for Bert to put Mac & Co.out of their misery....I've been told and firmly believe if you're going to fail it's better to fail fast and start something else. I'll almost bet that I wouldn't be alone in that sentiment judging from the mood of this board.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I cant argue with alot of that but I dont think it addresses your love of Bert.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I cant argue with alot of that but I dont think it addresses your love of Bert.
:lol: Honestly once any game starts that the Gators are playing in I could never root against them...I rooted for them in 2013 right up to the last seconds of the FSU game and this isn't nearly as bad but it's time to get back to some consistently good offensive football.
As far as Bert goes he gets a lot of sh!t for being a Knuckle dragging buffoon but I'd give anything to see our offense look as good as his has the last 2 seasons....hell they throw as good as they run and nobody will convince me that he has more talent because he certainly hasn't even recruited as well as we have over the last 3 or 4 years.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
There are several teams that look better than us but I dont have a crush on their coach.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Offensive juggernaut Arkansas is 60th in rushing offense (they run real gud) and 36th in passing offense. I'll like the chances against our D.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Missouri is much like SoCar and Vandy and for that matter UGa. All four programs have DCs pretending to be head coaches. The difference at UMo compared to SoCar and UGa is that UMo hired in house so there is defensive continuity.

So I agree with many of the points above. I too thought the OL was pretty good other than the penalties. UF did a good job running against a pretty tough defense. The pass protection was decent too. As far as receivers go, it appears UF now can count on Callaway (I guess if he can focus), Powell, Cleveland and the TEs. That makes for a nice group of receivers. I also agree with everyone that UF has two solid RBs in Perine and Scarlett and maybe a rising star in Perine. Also Thompson did show some promise too in this game.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Offensive juggernaut Arkansas is 60th in rushing offense (they run real gud) and 36th in passing offense. I'll like the chances against our D.
41st overall in total yards and 38th in scoring. I feel like they're better than the stats indicate. They have big receivers and tight ends, as well as an efficient QB and solid OL. Combine that with the home field advantage and our D is going to have to bring their A game.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
source.gif

LDR gets a pass from me. This was, after all, his first conference game after being laid up for weeks. His previous performances have shown some good game management and he's protected the ball well. If folks are looking for an Eason-esque arm they will be perpetually disappointed (although Eason isn't exactly delivering in the W column). I also agree that if you've got the backs, work them. Need to figure out the problem in the red zone.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I wish you'd do this every week.
Thanks, I appreciate it. It's a lot easier for me to go in depth when I've gone to the game since we have end zone seats and I spend all my time watching the passing game develop. When all I have to go on is the TV broadcast, it's hard not to just echo what the announcers have said and its obviously a more limited view of the plays.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks, I appreciate it. It's a lot easier for me to go in depth when I've gone to the game since we have end zone seats and I spend all my time watching the passing game develop. When all I have to go on is the TV broadcast, it's hard not to just echo what the announcers have said and its obviously a more limited view of the plays.
t7iElVY.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When all I have to go on is the TV broadcast, it's hard not to just echo what the announcers have said
I find it easy enough to see what the line is doing, not always so easy to see the receivers and secondary. I wish they'd show a wider angle most of the time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
None at all if we can hold them to 45 points or less....their defense is about as bad as UK's....
Let me get this straight, you have a mancrush on a Greasy Pig who can't field a defense and isn't even in the top 40 in rushing his year?

I'm just not sure what makes your Slick Willy report for duty whenever someone mentions Bert Bielema.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
29 likes. Have we ever had that many? I think Ox better start stickying these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator