The National Signing Day Thread

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That continues a trend from last year of more top Florida recruits heading outside the regional footprint. .
7758018.JPG

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Meyer is a great recruiter, but that #1 2010 class had just one offensive player who amounted to anything - Trey Burton. He’s a great football player but you cannot build around an H-back/TE. Tyler Murphy was also in that class along with Solomon Patton.

Likewise, 2009 had Gilly & Reed, but that’s it for offensive punch. (Debose became a great kick returner.) 2008 had Demps and Frankie Hammond.

So, in 3 top-7 classes, all the Gators got offensively were 2 good/great TEs, 2 solid RBs, a C+ WR, and a 3* QB that couldn’t succeed here.

That certainly fed into the offensive funk that began in 2010. (Maybe the slide started in 2009?)

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I know. But go on twitter because its 100% not sarcasm there. Some idiot told me we can now take two studs becuase we dont have room for Barticulus now :lmao2:

Well the twitter crowd isn’t always full of the most intellectual of people :lol:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/...ers-is-the-tide-turning-in-florida-recruiting
"
When it comes to college football recruiting, the biggest prize is the state of Florida. Fully 20 percent of the ESPN 300 recruits in this year’s class hail from the Sunshine State, which boasts 19 more than any other state. Before this recruiting cycle, the most ESPN 300 recruits from a single state was 55 from Florida in 2014.

And it isn’t just the in-state schools and Southern conferences that are converging on the state. The Big Ten has landed eight ESPN 300 players from Florida already this year, the conference’s most from any state. Four of those players -- including three of the top 100 recruits in the country -- are heading to Ohio State.

That continues a trend from last year of more top Florida recruits heading outside the regional footprint. From 2014 to '16, 88 percent of Florida recruits who were in the top 100 overall committed to schools in either the ACC or SEC.

Last year, five of the 20 top-100 recruits from the state went to either the Big Ten or Notre Dame, with three of those becoming Buckeyes.

So far this year, seven of the 19 top-100 players from Florida have committed to the Big Ten (three), Big 12 (two) or Notre Dame (two). That matches the total for the SEC and exceeds the five ACC commitments.
To be fair to Florida schools there were 10 top 300 players from IMG that signed with out of state schools...IMG should not be considered Florida kids unless they are actually from Florida which very few are.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair to Florida schools there were 10 top 300 players from IMG that signed with out of state schools...IMG should not be considered Florida kids unless they are actually from Florida which very few are.
Our 2020 DE commit is going to spend his Jr and Sr season there

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I don't think bama has a legit shot at NPF...his family values education to much to send him there i think. It's shaping up to be a UF/ND/OSU battle for him and nobody seems to know. UF insiders seems split on him...Redman, Alderman, and Stampini have him in their class while HIgdon does not. OSU guy thinks UF is their biggest challenge while i think ND also views UF as their biggest challenge when it could be UF running 3rd to those guys. Nobody seems to know what this kid will do. If education is the most important thing and distance isn't a factor then it's ND. If relationships to coaches are the most important thing then it's OSU. If education and distance are somewhat equally important than it's UF.

Report today that Schiano wil interview for the DC job with the Patriots. If he is the main relationship that has NPF considering Ohio State I would think that has to weaken their connection, even if he doesn't get hired it indicates that he is looking for a step up from his current spot there.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Report today that Schiano wil interview for the DC job with the Patriots. If he is the main relationship that has NPF considering Ohio State I would think that has to weaken their connection, even if he doesn't get hired it indicates that he is looking for a step up from his current spot there.
And he was the Tennessee coach for a day... he clearly wants to move back up

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Its between us and ND anyhow, OSU doesn't really have much of a chance with him

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

This is exactly right.

But don't be mistaken, UF (especially under Butters) has been taken to the woodshed in recruiting battles.......and it's showing on the field.

Taking back the state should be THE TOP PRIORITY for Mullen. Win the state.....win championships. Pretty simple concept.

Which leads to Barnes:

I know. But go on twitter because its 100% not sarcasm there. Some idiot told me we can now take two studs becuase we dont have room for Barticulus now :lmao2:

This is very, very disappointing.....but this isn't on Mullen. If you go through this thread, months ago I was harping that this kid is our #1 OL priority. I can't believe he's going to play football at UNC over UF. If this was basketball, sure, I'd have no problem with it.

It won't surprise me to see Barnes and his buddy transfer within two years......

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator