The National Signing Day Thread

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it was a qualification problem with Gerald. Talk on other boards a couple of days ago speculated that we were on the fence with him and many thought we would rescind and he'd pick Arkansas. Which cracks me up. Jumbo gets beat by...pigs.
Jimbo's recruiting has suffered since Candi took her services elswhere.

Maybe we can hire her as a hoestess if she can send some positive references and a clean bill of health.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, so Jimbo's STILL out recruiting us.......without hookers, buuuttt we're back....

Actually,

Jimbo landed a total of 11 commits since taking the job—
3*s (6)
4*s (5)

Mullen landed an identical 11 commits since taking the job—
3*s(3)
4*s(8)

You’re on a roll, bud.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Actually,

Jimbo landed a total of 11 commits since taking the job—
3*s (6)
4*s (5)

Mullen landed an identical 11 commits since taking the job—
3*s(3)
4*s(8)

You’re on a roll, bud.
:lmao2:Since taking the job....that's about as good as saving spots for next year.....keep em coming

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
:lmao2:Since taking the job....that's about as good as saving spots for next year.....keep em coming

I’m only asking this out of morbid curiosity, but if you claim that someone is still out recruiting someone else, what exactly would you use as a fair comparison formula?

Granted, I’m more of a numbers person, so my gut instinct would be take each candidates’ time on the job and compare results both in terms of quantity as well as quality acquired ar their respective positions. Now, I’m sure you have a different—and highly sophisticated—model to arrive at your results, so please share.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
crete's butthurt won't end until Pigbert gets that OL coach job with SE Missouri St.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I’m only asking this out of morbid curiosity, but if you claim that someone is still out recruiting someone else, what exactly would you use as a fair comparison formula?

Granted, I’m more of a numbers person, so my gut instinct would be take each candidates’ time on the job and compare results both in terms of quantity as well as quality acquired ar their respective positions. Now, I’m sure you have a different—and highly sophisticated—model to arrive at your results, so please share.
I go by rankings and anm was ranked higher than us at the end of the day. Not a bad model. Some might say its even a little more accurate than cherry picking a time frame to back your argument.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Look , that class was ok. We got some good peices. But lets stop pretending mullen set the world on fire. Guys that that rank recruiting classes for a living said there are a couple transition classes better than ours.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I go by rankings and anm was ranked higher than us at the end of the day. Not a bad model. Some might say its even a little more accurate than cherry picking a time frame to back your argument.

Find me the some who think that a class that was recruited by and committed to a different coach should be awarded to the new head man. That might be the most asinine thing I’ve ever read in this board. I’ll give an incoming coach credit for keeping a class together. But ultimately, the proper judge of someone’s recruiting would be what they actually brought to the table.

So if Sumlin had left Fisher 25 recruits, and he managed to add 0 more, you’d argue that he recruited better than someone was left 0 recruits and added 20, simply because final ranking was slightly higher?

Please tell me this is not your argument.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

5 star/4 star/3stars
Clowntown 1/14/3 (6 DBs, 2 athletes and 1-3 soon to be nonqual jucos)
Gators 0/14/4 plus 1/2/0 transfers
ATM 0/11/11 (the new 3 star U????)

Yeah. You fvkking azzholes really know what you are talking about.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Find me the some who think that a class that was recruited by and committed to a different coach should be awarded to the new head man. That might be the most asinine thing I’ve ever read in this board. I’ll give an incoming coach credit for keeping a class together. But ultimately, the proper judge of someone’s recruiting would be what they actually brought to the table.

So if Sumlin had left Fisher 25 recruits, and he managed to add 0 more, you’d argue that he recruited better than someone was left 0 recruits and added 20, simply because final ranking was slightly higher?

Please tell me this is not your argument.
But he didn't have 25 recruits left to him. So no. Mullen also had a more time too i beleive.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look , that class was ok. We got some good peices. But lets stop pretending mullen set the world on fire.
JFC, NO ONE said that. NO ONE.

We said it's a good transition class. That's all.

And it's demonstrably better than Clown Town's will be by June when even 1 of those shaky kids goes juco.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But he didn't have 25 recruits left to him. So no. Mullen also had a more time too i beleive.
Are you going to continue this shyt? Every night when you get too many nati lights in you?

Then come back tomorrow and apologize, wash rinse repeat.

And all because we didn't sign some shytty 4th string DB?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Are you going to continue this shyt? Every night when you get too many nati lights in you?

Then come back tomorrow and apologize, wash rinse repeat.

And all because we didn't sign some shytty 4th string DB?
I'm going to try to answer your questions accurately.

I wish i had some natty lights in me.

I'm going to go ahead and apologize in advance. I'm sorry.

DB's are people too. Have a heart.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Of course not. That was hyperbole. But he was responsible for the exact same amount of recruits, at lesser grade, than Mullen. Stating that he outrecruited Mullen is inherently false. It’s not debatable.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

Well from what I've learned here over the last 2 days on this board is this....
Don't get any 5 stars....
Finish with the 3rd worst recruiting ranking at school history since rankings have been held.....
Don't get anywhere near the number you could have taken....
Finish halfway down a very top heavy conference littered with piss poor coaches...
Let Jimbo beat you at his new job...as well as let 3 other new coaches out recruit you despite the fact that you're in the best state in the nation for HS football recruiting, at the premier University....
Let your in state rival who just had their worst season in 35 years and had a coaching staff turnover finish higher in the rankings.....
Let the former coach of your biggest rival who now coaches in state out recruit you....

But most importantly....always save your best recruits for the next year.....:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator